The Double Rock! Vexter Distortion Guitar Pedal is an affordable silk screened version of ZVEX's Hand Painted Double Rock. There is a notable origin story to the Double Rock. Legendary guitar great J Mascis is a fan of ZVEX Effects, and their Box Of Rock in particular. He asked them to build him a dual pedal using two of their Box Of Rock circuits. He wanted one to cascade into the other. So they built him a custom, oversized "double" Box Of Rock. They liked the result so much, that they added some features, shrunk it down, and turned it into a commercial product. The Vexter Double Rock is a veritable Swiss Army Knife of classic British-style crunch, paired with boost, in a compact ZVEX format. Either channel can be distortion, or boost. This yields four different gain staging schemes, each with useful applications for stage and studio.
- Dual Channel Distortion/Boost Pedal
- Both channels switchable between Distortion and Boost
- EQ on both channels
- Three-position mini-Toggle switch for Sub Contour on both channels
- (2015-08-19) ZVEX Vexter Double Rock by Z. Vex
- (2015-10-30) ZVEX Vexter Double Rock | two distortions / boosts in one pedal by JJ Likes Guitar
- (2016-06-23) Zvex Vexter Series DOUBLE ROCK overdrive & boost demo Plexi Tone & More! by Gearmanndude