- controls the volume of a signal 1 octave above the input signal
- controls the volume of a signal 2 octaves above the input signal
Overview: The Jonny Octave is an octave-up pedal designed to raise the apparent pitch of single notes on your guitar by one or two octaves. The controls are, from left to right, Octave 2 Volume and Octave 1 Volume. The two switches are, from left to right, Octave 1/Octave 2 selector switch and True Bypass switch. There are also trim pots on the inside for gain stage control which are explained in detail later in this manual.
Operation: Plug your guitar into the right-hand input jack. Plug the output into your other effects or your amp. Switch your guitar to the neck (rhythm) pickup and turn it up. Turn on the pedal with the right switch and click the left switch until the yellow LED is on. Turn up the volumes for both octaves to the middle. Play a note at the 12th fret and listen for the octave-up sound... compare with the bypassed sound. Now select the red LED and listen to the 2nd Octave up sound, and compare with 1 Octave up. You might try playing double stops or a lower open string with a high (12th fret area) fifth or third harmony on a neighboring string and enjoy the sub-frequencies generated by the ring-mod action. This is most apparent with the one octave setting.
- (2008-07-11) Zvex Johnny Octave vs EH Octave Multiplexer pedal shootout by Gearmanndude
- (2008-08-14) Zvex Johnny Octave by allzvex
- (2009-09-23) Z Vex Jonny Octave Pedal Video Demo by TunnelVision Music
- (2009-09-24) Z Vex Jonny Octave Pedal Video Demo by TunnelVision Music
- (2012-02-14) Z.VEX Jonny Octave Hand Painted Guitar Pedal by Gear4music
- (2014-02-21) ZVEX Trio Full-Production Demo for Tommy's Guitar Shop by David Curtis
- (2014-02-21) ZVEX Trio (Sonar, Fat Fuzz Factory, Jonny Octave) Demo Tommy's Guitar Shop by TommysGuitarShop
- (2015-05-02) ZVEX Jonny Octave fuzz by Alex T