A take on ZVex's original company flag ship Fuzz Factory, the Fat Fuzz Factory features a sub switch that opens the pedal up to an astounding new bottom end. This means the pedal can oscillate at much lower registers, giving it some very interesting thunder broom synth qualities. Based on field reports, this new fatness lends itself particularly well to the bass guitar, and rips equally well on guitar.
Although the five knobs are named for the parameters over which they seem to have the most control, they are controls for various operating levels and biases, and basically shape you a personalized fuzz.
Volume: Output level
Gate: Squelches noise after end of sustain. Turn to right to eliminate squeals, hiss and buzz, stopping just as they disappear, or use to tune in exact feedback pitch, if you’re that kind. Turning to left opens gate.
Comp: Adds attack characteristic when turned to left, which gets softer to right, and suddenly pinches tone when all the way right. Also use to tune in fat feedbacky fuzz, if you’re that kind. Lower the Stability and see what happens to this control.
Drive: Increases distortion when used as a “normal” fuzz, and adjusts feedback pitch and tonal thickness, if you’re that kind. This control becomes meaningless when Compress is all the way right.
Stab: Use all the way right. Do not attempt to adjust this control below 2:00, unless you like your fuzz soft and squishy. Use to control feedback pitch.
- Killer fuzz tone, highly customizable
- Big sub output, changes the character
- Great for guitar, bass and other signals
- (2013-01-26) NAMM 2013: ZVex New Sequence and Fuzz Pedals by Gear4music
- (2013-01-27) WNAMM13: Demo Of New ZVEX Fuzz And Sequencer Models (VIDEO) by sonicstate
- (2013-01-28) Zvex Effects Nano Amps Demo by Erik Sexe :: THE SKINNY :: AT NAMM 2013 by SkinnyMusicTV
- (2013-01-30) NAMM 2013 - Z.Vex Effects - Neuheiten by SessionMusicTV
- (2013-01-31) NAMM '13 - Z.Vex Effects Super Seek Wah, Super Seek Trem, Ringtone II, and Fat Fuzz Factory Demos by Premier Guitar
- (2013-02-10) NAMM 2013 - Z. Vex Fat Fuzz Factory by EffectsDatabase
- (2013-02-27) ZVEX Effects - Fat Fuzz Factory, Super Seek Wah, Trem, Ringtone II :: THE SKINNY :: EP19.3 by SkinnyMusicTV
- (2013-02-28) Metallica News, Washburn EA-20SNB, Zvex Fat Fuzz Factory, Passport Mini :: THE SKINNY : EP19 : FULL by SkinnyMusicTV
- (2013-04-29) ZVEX Fat Fuzz Factory: Various Sounds by Z. Vex
- (2013-04-29) ZVEX Fat Fuzz Factory High Gain Setting by Z. Vex
- (2013-04-29) ZVEX Fat Fuzz Factory Faux Bass Synth by Z. Vex
- (2013-04-30) ZVEX Fat Fuzz Factory Oscillation by Z. Vex
- (2013-05-06) Zvex FAT FUZZ FACTORY guitar effects pedal demo with RS Guitarworks Tele by Gearmanndude
- (2013-05-21) Zvex Fat Fuzz Factory by Chicago Music Exchange
- (2013-06-19) Fat Fuzz Factory (ZVEX) by JustNickMusic
- (2013-06-23) ZVEX - Fat Fuzz Factory by Kayzer
- (2013-09-06) ZVex Fat Fuzz Factory Review - BestGuitarEffects.com by bestguitarfx
- (2013-11-09) Behind the Scenes : Z.VEX FAT FUZZ FACTORY : 3P3D2013-DAY9 by The Tone King
- (2013-11-09) Z.VEX FAT FUZZ FACTORY : Demo & Review : 3P3D2013-DAY9 ~ 30 Pedals 30 Days by The Tone King
- (2013-11-19) Z.Vex Fat Fuzz Factory - Review by baxshopnl
- (2014-02-21) ZVEX Trio Full-Production Demo for Tommy's Guitar Shop by David Curtis
- (2014-02-21) ZVEX Trio (Sonar, Fat Fuzz Factory, Jonny Octave) Demo Tommy's Guitar Shop by TommysGuitarShop
- (2015-02-09) ZVex Fuzz Factory 7 Review (vs Fat Fuzz Factory) - BestGuitarEffects.com by bestguitarfx
- (2015-04-21) Z.Vex Effects Fat Fuzz Factory by PedalOfTheDay
- (2015-06-26) Zvex Fat Fuzz Factory + Bass by Z. Vex
- (2015-09-16) Particle & Fat Fuzz Factory - beautiful noise by Pedals Fusion
- (2017-04-06) ZVex Fat Fuzz Factory Pedal | GEAR GODS by geargods
- (2013-06-21) Z.Vex Fat Fuzz Factory (Filthy Bass Fuzz, Fender Jazz Bass, Gate 3 o'clock, Comp 11 o'clock, Drive 4 o'clock, Stab 5 o'clock) by Premier Guitar
- (2013-06-21) Z.Vex Fat Fuzz Factory (Gibson Les Paul - Gate 2 o'clock, Comp 7 o'clock, Drive 7 o'clock, Stab 5 o'clock - Standard Fuzz Factory, 2nd then 3rd mode) by Premier Guitar
- (2013-06-21) Z.Vex Fat Fuzz Factory (Oscillating early 90's Fuzz, Fender Stratocaster, Gate 2 o'clock, Comp 8 o'clock, Drive 3 o'clock, Stab 9 o'clock, Modes 1, 2 then 3) by Premier Guitar
- (2015-05-29) Fat Fuzz Factory by Z. Vex