Z. Vex Double Rock!
Z. Vex (at NAMM 2011)
The Double Standard prototype is a dual pedal where each half can be either a Box of Rock or a Super Hard-On, so you can combine them like this:
- BOR > BOR
- BOR > SHO
- SHO > SHO
- SHO > BOR
Z. Vex (press release January16, 2012)
This pedal was originally designed for J.Mascis of Dinosaur Jr. He requested two Box of Rock pedals in one box with two stomp switches (without the boosts). He uses that regularly on stage now, but we did one (or two) better with the one we’re releasing to the public... we made it so you can adjust the sub frequencies (like the Distortron™), and you can convert either channel to a Super Hard-On™. In this way, you can configure the pedal to be two Distortrons cascaded, two Super Hard-Ons cascaded (like a Super Duper 2-in-1™), or a Box of Rock™ with boost, or a Super Hard-On™ going into a Box of Rock™. Distortion/boost heaven! Whee!!!
- (2012-01-22) ZVEX Double Rock - NAMM 2012 (Nate Sousa)
- (2012-01-23) NAMM '12 - Z. Vex Effects J Mascis Double Rock, Sonar, Loop Gate Demos (Premier Guitar)
- (2012-06-08) ZVEX Double Rock (Prymaxe)
- (2012-07-02) zvex dobul rock menatone fowie (atsushi964)
- (2012-07-07) Zvex Double Rock J Mascis Signature Boost / Distortion Pedal (Chicago Music Exchange)
- (2012-09-01) ZVEX Double Rock - Demo by Just Nick for Rock n Roll Vintage (JustNickMusic)