96 kHz sampling brings out the original sound character of the bass
The fundamental frequencies of an electric bass are about 40 to 600 Hz, but harmonics go all the way up to the ultrasonic frequency range. Many conventional pedal effects make the low end sound thin and lifeless. This usually is not only because of insufficient response in that range, but also because the harmonics are not handled properly.The B2 series from ZOOM makes such problems history. 24-bit resolution and a sampling frequency of 96 kHz ensure signal processing power on a par with the best rack-mount devices. The dynamic, wide-range bass signal retains its full impact, and the result is clear, powerful sound that remains a distinct presence also when playing in a band ensemble.
ZOOM original 32-bit DSP ZFX-3
The heart of any multi-effect device is its processor and decoder section. ZOOM elevates performance to the next level with its newly developed ZFX-3 chip. 32-bit architecture means outstanding accuracy and smooth and detailed signal processing. Fine nuances of fingering and touch come through without any deterioration.
Great bass amp sounds for any situation
Sophisticated bass amp modeling allows you to adjust parameters such as speaker cabinet characteristics and low-range response in three levels. Get the dynamic, high-impact bass sound of a large cabinet even with flat-response systems. This is handy when using headphones or studio monitors, or when playing through a small combo amp or other bass amp with low output power. Alternatively, turn the cabinet effect off and use only the characteristics of the amp head. Create your very own bass amp sound and get it whenever and wherever you want, even when using a series of different bass amplifiers on stage.
Six-band linear EQ or two-band parametric EQ offer total flexibility
Center frequency allocation and filter slopes of the built-in six-band EQ are optimized for bass guitar. Peaking type filters in the middle range (150Hz, 450Hz, 1kHz, 3kHz) are augmented by shelving type filters at the low and high end (70Hz and 6kHz). This ensures the shortest possible route from creative idea to actual sound. Further flexibility is offered by the possibility to switch to a two-band parametric EQ, for delivering a pin-point boost or cut. The B2 series lets you really take control.
Two bass synthesizer types with different filtering and internal waveforms
The full-fledged bass synthesizer uses the built-in DSP sound source triggered by the input bass sound. Select from a choice of three waveform settings (sawtooth, square, PWM) and create sounds of incredible power and resonance. Two types of filtering with excellent tracking are also available, for playing melodious solo phrases.
13 different bass amp and stomp box modeling choicesBy digitally simulating the clipping action of analog devices such as tubes and diodes, the unit faithfully duplicates the characteristics of tube amps and vintage effects. Going far deeper than the superficial "tone", this also includes elements such as depth and dynamics. Freely adjust the mix between drive sound and original sound to create deep distortion while your bass delivers a real punch.
13 AMP / STOMP BOX MODELS
- AMPEG SVT + 810E All-tube bass amplifier incorporating original Super Valve Technology. Thanks to its gutsy drive sound, it has remained one of the most popular bass amps ever.
- Marshall 1992 Super Bass + 1935A A vintage tube amp featuring the characteristic warm and mild Marshall overdrive sound. Great for the active bass player leading a band.
- SWR SM-900 + Goliath By mounting a tweeter in the speaker cabinet, this bass amp succeeds in combining a rich low end with clear highs. Very popular among slap bassists.
- Acoustic 360 + 301 Solid-state amp embraced by many top bassists of the seventies and eighties. Boomy midrange and warm low end are its major features.
- Hartke HA3500 + 4.5XL With its aluminum-cone speaker, this bass amp achieves clear reproduction over the entire range. Famous for its great response and transparent sound that preserves the original character of the instrument.
- Fender Bassman 100 + 4 x 12" cabinet Tube amplifier with silver faceplate from the early days of the electric bass. Creates a vintage bass sound that is a perfect match for melodious phrases.
- Trace Elliot AH-500 + 1048H / 1518 500W high-power bass amp with a firm core and distinct contours. Makes those phrases flow easily and smoothly for Rock and Pop.
- Tube Preamp (ZOOM original) Simulates a high-class tube preamp such as used in recording studios. Creates fat and supple sound.
- SANSAMP BASS DRIVER DI This amp simulator recreates the characteristic drive feeling of a tube device. A favorite for live performance and for recording.
- Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer Stomp box often used as booster for tube amps. Produces natural overdrive sound that clearly brings out those picking nuances.
- BOSS ODB-3 The ODB-3 is designed specifically for bass and belongs to the famous Boss OD series of distortion stomp boxes. It produces aggressive distortion characterized by flashy highs.
- MXR BASS D.I.+ Preamp incorporating a pedal type DI function for the clean channel and distortion channel. The B2 series simulates the sound of the distortion channel with its solid body.
- Dallas-Arbiter FUZZ FACE Fuzz pedal famous for its unique round "face" design. Vintage fuzz sound fueled by the destructive energy of germanium diodes.
*Manufacturer names and product names mentioned in this table are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. The names are used only to illustrate sonic characteristics and do not indicate any affiliation with the Zoom Corporation or Samson Technologies Corp.
47 high-quality effects implemented with 32-bit processing
Nine modules dedicated to aspects such as dynamics, drive, modulation, and ambience offer a total of 47 effects. Because the effects are optimized for the bass guitar range, you can freely create various sonic scenarios without impairing the bass foundation of the ensemble sound. A limiter/compressor lets you control peaks and ensure that levels are matched. The auto wah and resonance filter are indispensable for playing that funky sound. The octaver creates a wave of energy in the ultra-low range. The defret effect gives you the sweet tone and smooth transients of a fretless bass. Other features include delay with settings to 5000 ms and hold function, tape echo for that vintage feeling, crystal-clear stereo chorus, as well as flanger, phaser, pitch shifter and many other studio-class effects.
The right tools for the job — editing controls with analog feel
The three rotary knobs let you tailor three different parameters at the same time. Control sensitivity, attack, and level for the compressor effect, or time, feedback, and mixing level for the delay effect. It's like having an array of stomp boxes ready for action. In play mode, the three knobs adjust cabinet character, drive effect tone, and patch level. This lets you quickly match the unit's performance to the bass guitar amp or room acoustics. Delay time and modulation rate settings can be made directly via the intuitive TAP key input.
40 ready to use preset patches for stage and studio
The unit comes preprogrammed with settings for duplicating well-known amps and stomp boxes, settings that are modeled on the signature sound of famous bass players, as well as totally original ZOOM effect sound creations. Right out of the box, you can enjoy professional-quality bass guitar sound. And for creative leeway, a user area capable of storing another 40 patches is also provided.
World's fastest patch change speed: 8 ms
The annoying slight muting interval of old when switching patches has been all but eliminated. With its record-setting speed of 0.008 seconds, the B2 series never misses a beat. For example, when changing from backing sound to a solo, you no longer need to press the switch slightly in advance. Simply push the foot switch and start playing the solo phrase. No more fear of losing the rhythm when making patch changes.
Built-in auto-chromatic tuner also supports multi-string bass
The bass guitar tuner can be called up instantly by pushing two foot switches together. High-brightness LED indicators make the note readout easy to see also on a dark stage. The calibration range is 435 to 445 Hz, and mute tuning without sound output is also possible.
ZNR keeps playing pauses really quiet
The built-in ZOOM Noise Reduction (ZNR) provides optimized performance for bass guitar. While minimizing any alteration of the original sound, ZNR shuts out unwanted noise in the playing pauses. Even the tails of long sustain notes come out beautifully, with natural release.
Integrated drum machine with PCM sound sources
Realistic drum sounds derived from PCM sources are arranged in a variety of rhythm patterns for different musical genres. The 40 rhythm variations include the steady 8-beat of Rock and Pop, funky 16-beat, a "Jazzy" 4-beat, and many more choices. Rhythm training on your bass guitar has never been more convenient.
Optional foot switch allows versatile remote operation
When the optional foot switch (FS01) is connected, tap tempo input of settings such as delay time and modulation rate is possible. Other selectable functions include bank switching, drum machine start/stop, and delay hold on/off switching. Foot Switch FS01 Unlatch and normally close type
Ultra low noise design: 120 dB S/N ratio and -100 dB noise floor
Specifications such as a signal-to-noise ratio of 120 dB and noise floor of -100 dB demonstrate a level of performance that is unsurpassed in this class. Background noise is a thing of the past, leaving the unit free to produce only its own superbly transparent sound. Especially when using reverb effects such as Hall, Room, or Spring, the low noise floor combined with 96 kHz sampling and 32-bit processing results in utterly transparent sound.
Sturdy metal chassis and rubber damping for superior toughness and durability
The combination of a solid metal chassis with shock-absorbent rubber damping ensures that the unit can stand up to the rigors of use on stage. Take it on the road or into the studio, the B2 series will not let you down. Its pleasing rounded shape, large bezel protecting the display, and chrome-plated switches and knobs are proof that there is no need to sacrifice good looks for toughness.
Two-way power allows use just about anywhere
Thanks to its circuit design optimized for low voltage operation, the unit will run for more than 6 hours on a set of four IEC R6 (size AA) batteries. A separately available AC adaptor (AD-0006D) can be plugged in for extended studio work, but on stage you never need to worry about AC power.
Expression pedal adds further versatility to your guitar play
The built-in expression pedal is a great way to control effect parameters in real time. Set the mood with vintage wah, play a pitch shift, or adjust the volume. Or go beyond conventional pedal effects: adjust the mixing ratio of direct sound and synth/drive sound, or control the modulation rate. The dedicated PEDAL ASSIGN key and status LED indicators make it a cinch to select the effect to control. Effect on/off switching is also possible by pushing the pedal fully down.
XLR output allows direct connection to PA mixer for stage work
Standard XLR connector lets you establish a balanced link, to ensure degradation-free, clean sound transmission also over long cable runs. There is no need to use a DI box, even when you want to directly hook the unit up to a mixing console or PA system. The pre/post switch makes it possible to get the effect sound from the main output and the direct sound (bypassing the A/D converter) from the XLR output.
USB port enables computer recording
The USB port allows the unit to function as an audio interface for a computer. Simply connect a USB cable to utilize the high-quality sound of the B2.1u in a computer-based recording system. The superb "Cubase LE" DAW software comes bundled with the unit, so you can start creating sophisticated music straight away. Because playback from the DAW application can be monitored at the B2.1u itself, there are no latency problems during recording. Powering the unit from the computer via the USB bus is also supported.
Windows XP / Mac OS X 10.2 or later
- COMP / LIMIT Module
- LIMITER WAH / EFX Module
- AUTO WAH
- AUTO RESONANCE FILTER
- RING MODULATOR
- PEDAL WAH DRIVE / SYNTH Module
- SUPER BASS
- TRACE ELLIOT
- TUBE PRE
- MXR BASS D.I.+
- FUZZ FACE
- STANDARD SYNTH
- SYNTH TALK
- MONO SYNTH ZNR / MIX Module
- ZNR LOW EQ Module
- LOW EQ
- LOW PARAMETRIC EQ HIGH EQ Module
- HIGH EQ
- HIGH PARAMETRIC EQ MOD / SFX Module
- STEREO CHORUS
- PEDAL PITCH
- TAPE ECHO
- PITCH SHIFTER
- HARMONIZED PITCH SHIFTER DELAY Module
- PING PONG DELAY
- ECHO REVERB Module
- HALL REVERB
- ROOM REVERB
- SPRING REVERB
- Effect Types: 47
- Effect Modules: 9
- Maximum Simultaneous Effects: 9
- Patch Memory: User 40+Preset 40, Total 80
- Sampling Frequency: 96kHz
- A/D Conversion: 24-bit, 64times over-sampling
- D/A Conversion: 24-bit, 128times over-sampling
- Input: 1/4" phone jack(Rated input level:-20dBm, Input impedance: 1Mohm)
- Output(Line / headphones combined): 1/4" stereo phone jack(Maximum output level: +5dBm, Output load impedance: 10kohm or higher)
- Balanced Output: XLR jack(Input/output gain: 0dB, Output impedance: 200ohm/HOT-COLD)
- Control Input: Expression pedal, Foot switch
- USB interface: 16-bit, 32kHz/44.1kHz/48kHz
- Display: 2digit 7segment LED display, Parameter LED, Pedal assign LED
- Power Requirements: AA size(LR6)battery x 4 (Optional), or AC adaptor DC9V/300mA/ Center minus type (Optional, AD-0006D recommended)
- Battery Life: 6 hours(with alkaline batteries)
- Dimensions: 255(W) x 165(D) x 79(H)mm
- Weight: 1200g(without batteries)
- Optional Accessories: FP02(Expression pedal), FS01(Foot switch), AD-0006(AC adaptor), AA size batteries
- 40 preset bass effects patches, 40 programmable memory patches
- 7 effect modules with 45 effect types
- 32-bit processing, 96kHz sampling rate
- 24-Bit A/D, D/A converters
- Built-in drum machine with 40 rhythm variations
- Integrated chromatic tuner
- Sturdy metal chassis
- USB interface
- Bulit-in Expression Pedal
- Operates on 4 AA batteries, or the included AC power adapter
- Steinberg Cubase LE software bundled
- (2008-11-22) ZOOM B2.1u Has Batches Of Patches Buried Deep Within by GearWire
- (2012-06-02) Zoom B2.1u Bass Multi Fx Processor demo - Nevada Music UK by Nevada Music UK