Restores the sound of your acoustic guitar.
The Zoom A3 Pre Amp Acoustic Guitar Effects Pedal has presets for 16 body types and 28 models to restore the original sonic characteristics of acoustic guitars that pickups cannot capture. By selecting the body and model type that match your acoustic guitar, you can share its beautiful, rich tone with audiences when playing live.
* The acoustic remodeling function restores original guitar tone that is not captured by pickups. This is not a simulator that creates a variety of guitar sounds from a single guitar. In order to get the right tone, select the body type and model type that match the guitar you are using. (We recommend the use of M1 Active pickups made by L.R. Baggs.)
* If you cannot find body and model types that match the guitar you are using, use ones that are as close as possible. Be aware that combinations of body and model types that do not exist in reality will not produce suitable tones.
* The actual guitars that were used in the development of the acoustic remodeling function are shown in the photograph above.
16 Body types
The A3 allows you to choose from 16 guitar body types to re-create the signatures sounds of differing body shapes. From the Dreadnought body setting, which generates a large tone full of rich low frequencies, to the Orchestra body setting, featuring an outstanding response and tonal balance, the A3 has the ability to remodel the sonic qualities of a wide range of unique body types.
The A3 also has the ability to recreate the distinct sound components of 28 of the world’s most famous acoustic guitars. The A3 even accounts for the subtlest of differences between these models. The pedal accurately recreates the tone differences between guitars with the same body shape, but different bracing or wood from which they are made (spruce, mahogany, rosewood, etc.).
High quality acoustic preamp for both pickups and mics
The A3’s pre-amp, specifically designed for acoustic guitars, can be used with piezoelectric, magnetic and passive pickups. In addition, the pedal’s XLR-1/4-inch combination Mic input, which can provide phantom power, allows you to connect a microphone and mix its signal with that of your pickup via dedicated knobs to dial-in your sound. The A3’s pre-amp section also features a 3-band EQ for adjusting your guitar tone according to your performance environment, a BALANCE knob to set the ratio of the original sound (DRY) and the sound after adding effects (WET), as well as a super-low noise design.
40 Effects for acoustic guitar
With a focus on spatial effects, including chorus, delay and reverb, the A3 offers over 40 acoustic guitar effects that can enhance the sound of your instrument. Other effects include compressors that suppress input peaks and even out sound levels, air effects that simulate the feeling of space from room tone, detuning effects that create the sound of a 12-string guitars and much more. You can use up to two effects simultaneously and order them as you like.
If you experience feedback from your acoustic guitar during a performance, just engage the A3’s ANTI FEEDBACK footswitch. While keeping changes to your tone to a minimum, the ANTI FEEDBACK function will quickly and effectively detect the frequency that is causing the feedback and apply a steep filter to that frequency band. Later, if feedback occurs due to another frequency, just hit the footswitch again, as the ANTI FEEDBACK function can handle up to three problematic frequency ranges at once.
Boost your sound up to 12dB
The A3’s boost function can be used to reduce volume differences between fingerpicking, chord strokes and other playing techniques, as well as to increase amplification during solos. The pedal can provide a clean boost of up to 12dB. You can also use the TONE parameter to adjust the sound of the level increase when the boost is active.
All-in-one acoustic pedal that fits in your guitar case
A variety of amazing features for acoustic guitar have been combined in the design of the A3. In addition to its high quality pre-amp and effects for acoustic guitar, the A3 features unrivaled acoustic remodeling, DI box, feedback suppression, a booster, an auto-chromatic tuner and much more. Next time you take the stage, all you’ll need is your guitar and your Zoom A3.
Tweak your settings with ease
The A3’s front panel features three parameter knobs that also function as buttons. These buttons can be used to open various menus where you can then use the parameter knobs to tweak effect settings to your liking. Adjust the mix position of mic signal, turn the AUTOSAVE function ON and OFF, recall patches and more with ease and efficiency.
Realistic, high-quality audio design
The cutting-edge ZFX-IV DSP processor can execute sophisticated algorithms using 32-bit floating-point calculations. This processor renders super-real acoustic remodeling that restores different original tonal characteristics of a guitar according to its size, body shape and materials.
Onboard auto-chromatic guitar tuner
Hold the footswitch down to activate the built-in chromatic tuner in an instant. Even on stage during a performance, all you need to do is move your foot to enable tuning. You can choose between a BYPASS mode that turns all the effects off and a MUTE mode that allows you to tune silently.
Tap the tempo using the footswitch
Use the Tap Tempo feature to set the tempo in real-time to the rhythm of a song as you play guitar. You can also use it to for delay times and modulation effect frequencies.
* The tuner cannot be used when the tap tempo function is active.
Program the order of your patches
With the A3, you can program which patches are recalled and the order in which they appear. For example, you could select three patches—(ï¼¡) ARPEGGIO, (B) RHYTHM and (C) SOLO—so that you can cycle through them each time you press the footswitch. You can create and save up to 10 original tones in this way.
* You can program the recall order of up to 20 patches (A-T).
Balanced XLR output for DI use
With the A3’s balanced XLR output, you can avoid using DI boxes completely and directly connect the pedal to any mixing console to maintain a balanced, high quality signal. The GROUND switch can also be used to eliminate hum caused by ground loops.
Dedicated jack for pickup input
Piezoelectric pickups tend to capture high frequencies well, but are deficient at the low end and result in producing a thin sound. On the other hand, magnetic pickups are very effective at capturing low frequencies and produce more of an electric sound. The A3 has a pickup input compensation function that cancels the effect of frequency ranges that are lost or emphasized by the pickup. This feature processes the signal optimally according to the characteristics of each type of pickup.
* You can use the FLAT setting to bypass pickup input compensation.
Stereo output and headphones jacks
The stereo output jacks allow you to take advantage of chorus, reverb and other stereo spatial effects for your acoustic guitar, as well as use line connections for the direct recording of its powerful guitar sounds. In addition, the ability to directly connect headphones to your A3 lets you easily listen to your sound no matter where you are.
Super-low noise design
The A3’s noise floor of –100 dBm and signal-to-noise ratio of 120 dB virtually eliminate background noise and the ZNR noise reduction removes feedback and other unwanted sounds, providing you with clear tones, along with natural release decay and reverb tails.
Up to eight hours of operation on batteries
Using four AA alkaline batteries, you can operate the A3 for up to eight hours continuously. From rehearsal to the main stage, you can use the A3 with confidence. Power the pedal via AC adapter (sold separately) or USB bus if you want to use it longer without worrying about battery life.
* When +48V phantom power is being used, the unit can operate continuously for about 5 hours.
Stay up-to-date via USB
When connected to your computer and Zoom’s website via USB, you can perform system firmware updates to keep the functions of your A3 on the cutting-edge.
- 16 Body types
- 28 Models
- High quality acoustic preamp for both pickups and mics
- 40 Effects for acoustic guitar
- Anti-feedback function
- Boost your sound up to 12dB
- All-in-one acoustic pedal that fits in your guitar case
- Tweak your settings with ease
- Realistic, high-quality audio design
- Onboard auto-chromatic guitar tuner
- Tap the tempo using the footswitch
- Program the order of your patches
- Balanced XLR output for DI use
- Dedicated jack for pickup input
- Stereo output and headphones jacks
- Super-low noise design
- Up to eight hours of operation on batteries
- Effect Types: 40
- Model Types: 28
- Simultaneous Effects: 2 effects + 1 model
- Patch Memory: 20
- Sampling Frequency: 44.1kHz
- A/D Conversion: 24bit, 128times over-sampling
- D/A Conversion: 24bit, 128times over-sampling
- Signal Processsing: 32bit floating point and 32bit fixed point
- Frequency Response: 40Hz to 20kHz (+1dB / -3dB) (10kΩ load)
- Display: LCD
- Inputs PICKUP IN: 1/4'' phone jack
- Rated input level: -20dBm
- Input impedance: 1MΩ
- MIC IN XLR-1/4'' phone jack
- Rated input level: -20dBm
- Input impedance: 1kΩ
- Outputs: R 1/4'' phone jack
- Maximum output level: +5dBm ï¼ˆOutput load impedance 10kΩ or higherï¼‰
- L/MONO/PHONES: 1/4'' stereo phone jack (LINE / PHONES)
- Maximum output level: [LINE] +5dBm (Output load impedance: 10kΩ or higher), [PHONES] 5.7mW + 5.7mW into 32Ω load
- BALANCED OUT: XLR jack
- Output impedance: 100Ω(HOT-GND, COLD-GND), 200Ω(HOT-COLD)
- GND LIFT: (Switch selectable)
- S/N: 120dB
- Noise Floor: −100dBm
- Power AC adapter: DC9V / Center negative / 500mA (ZOOM AD-16)
- Batteries: AA/LR6 battery x 4
- Battery Life: 8 hours (with alkaline batteries)
- Dimensions: 160.3 (D) x 108 (W) x 54.9 (H) mm
- USB: Firmware Update
- Weight: 630g (without batteries)
- (2013-01-27) NAMM 2013: Zoom A3 gitaar effect pedaal (baxshopnl)
- (2013-01-31) Andertons @ NAMM 2013 - Zoom A3 Acoustic Pedal (AndertonsMusic)
- (2013-02-15) ZOOM?A3???????????????????????????? (musicmasterjp)
- (2013-05-31) Zoom A3 (MusicRadar.com)
- (2013-07-10) Zoom A3 Akustikgitarren-FX im Test auf musikmachen.de (musikmachenDE)
- (2013-07-13) Zoom ????? A3 (BuzzbeeTV)
- (2013-09-13) Zoom A3 - Review (baxshopnl)
- (2013-11-19) Zoom : A3 Acoustic Pre-Amp | Effects | Modeller - Demonstration and Review with Martin OM28E (Burgerman666)
- (2014-04-13) Zoom A3 - Acoustic Guitar Multi Effects (MrSanSystem)
- (2014-11-28) Zoom A3 How to create a patch from scratch (HarMaMusic)
- (2013-11-11) Zoom A3 Effects with OM28 (Tremolo, Phaser, Chorus, Multi-Tap Delay, Pitch Shift, and Auto Wah) (Premier Guitar)
- (2013-11-11) Zoom A3 Orchestra LG1 (Orchestra input setting and the LG1 (Parlor) model w/ a touch of reverb) (Premier Guitar)
- (2013-11-11) Zoom A3 Orchestra OM28 (Orchestra input setting and the OM-28 model w/ touch of reverb) (Premier Guitar)