The Superfuzz - Over the top fuzz. When Too much Fuzz is not enough!!
Some info on the Superfuzz:
The first units were made in a simple stamped sheet metal box, painted grey, with a blue Univox sticker on the top.
Around 1970 production was changed to a die-cast metal box, with a large pedal featuring a rubber cover that had the words “Super-Fuzz” embossed on it. The first die cast units were either grey or black, with a green or black foot pedal. Around 1973 or so, they were all produced with an orange pedal, with a green or blue foot pedal. The later models also featured an internal trim pot for controlling the octave balance.
I have included an adjustable trim to "nail" the octave balance as per the later units
- Hand built in Melbourne, true to the original schematic.
- True to the original early 70's design in every way, I have tracked down the EXACT correct transistors (very hard to find).
- Board Layout is an exact recreation of the original schematic.
- Quality components and hardware.
- Aluminium case three coats of enamel graphics and gloss coat.
- Pedal power - standard Boss style.
- Switchable tone.
- Quality hardware and components.
- Strongly mounted with 'roadworthiness' in mind.
- Guyatone FS-3 Fuzz (related?)
- Honey Special Fuzz (related?)
- Shin-Ei Uni-Fuzz
- Shin-Ei Companion FY-6 Super Fuzz
- Apollo no. 846 Deluxe Fuzz Tone Expander
- Avora FY-6 Super Fuzz
- Companion FY-6 Super Fuzz
- Crown Super Fuzz
- Hohner MF-50 Master Fuzz Control
- Honey Baby Crying
- J.H. Experience FY-6 Super Fuzz
- Jax FY-6 Fuzz Master
- LRE Super-Fuzz
- Mana FY-6 Super Fuzz
- Mayfair Model No. 9540 Super Fuzz
- Mica-Tone Super Fuzz
- Oscar FY-6 Super Fuzz
- Rands FY-6 Fuzz
- Shaftesbury Duo Fuzz
- Teisco TF-1 Fuzz
- Tempo TR-6 Fuzz
- Univox U-1095 Super-Fuzz
- 73 Effects Super-Fuzz
- Animal Factory Chemical Burn - Octave Fuzz
- Black Candy Effects SuperFuzz Deluxe
- Black Cat Super Fuzz
- Dirty Boy Pedals Rude Boy
- Dirty Boy Pedals Showtime
- Electronic Orange Superfuzz
- Fridgebuzzz Land Of The Rising Fuzzz
- G.S. Wyllie Rising Sun
- Giannini BF1S Super Fuzz
- Guyatone TZ2 The Fuzz
- Guyatone TZm5 Torrid Fuzz
- Maxon Fuzz Elements FA10 Air
- Maxon Fuzz Elements FE10 Ether
- MC-FX Super Fuzz
- MC-FX Super Fuzz Deluxe
- McNeece Balance Tone Expander
- MJM China Fuzz
- MMFX ZuppaFuzz
- MZ Effects The Cramps Super Fuzz
- North Effects The Super
- Plan-9 Super Wild Fuzz Si
- Quinn Mantis (renamed to Prophet after complaint from an amp company)
- Quinn Prophet (previously "Mantis", renamed after complaint from an amp company)
- Tym Guitars Fuzzilla 666
- Wattson Classic Electronics SuperFuzz