- Delay Time
- Adjusts delay time within each of the available ranges: S, M and L. Adjusts recording time and playback speed in the sampling mode.
- Delay Level
- Determines the level of the delay (effect) sound in relation to the direct sound. Rotated fully counter-clockwise only the direct sound will be heard. As this control is rotated clockwise the level of the effect sound approaches that of the direct sound.
- Feed Back
- Determines the number of delay repeats produced. If turned ful counter-clockwise only a single repeat will be heard. The number of repeats produced increases as this control is rotated clockwise.
- Sets the operation mode of the delay unit.
- S: Short Delay Mode.
In this mode the delay time is 22-88 milliseconds
- M: Middle Delay Mode.
In this mode the delay time is 88-350 milliseconds
- L: Long Delay Mode.
In this mode the delay time is 350-1400 milliseconds
- R/P: Sampling Mode.
In this mode sounds can be "recorded" in the digital memory, and played back along with the direct instrument sound.
- P: Playback Mode.
This mode is used for playback of sampled sounds.
The Yamaha DDS-100 is a compact digital delay that can produce the "feedback echo" effect over a range of 22 to 1400 milliseconds, and in addition can be used as a sampler to record a short musical phrase up to 1400 milliseconds long.
In the three delay modes (Short, Middle, Long), incoming signals are echoed after the delay time set by Delay Time. The number of decaying echoes is determined by the Feed Back setting. The footswitch turnes the effect on and off.
In R/P mode (record/play), press the footswitch to begin recording. As long as you hold down the footswitch, the DDS-100 will continue to record and reproduce your playing. If Feedback is turned up, previous playing will be "layered" underneath the new playing. In this way, you can build up complex polyphonic parts. To clear the memory, turn Feed Back all the way down and press the footswitch.
In P mode (play), press the footswitch to start playing the recorded phrase. If you press and hold the footswitch, the phrase will continue repeating.
- Input Impedance
- 1 MOhm
- Output Impedance
- less than 2 kOhms
- Max. Input Level
- +4dB, @ 0 dB = 775 mV
- Current Consumption
- 50 mA
- Battery Life
- approx. 1 hour continuous
- Power Source
- 9V battery or AC adapter
- Noise Level
- -90 dB (IHF-A), equiv. input. @ 0dB = 775mV, input shorted, Feed Back at max.
- 70 x 61 x 126mm (2-3/4" x 2-3/8" x 4-15/16")
- 430g (15 oz) with battery.
- Logarithmic analog compression, 12 bit quantization.
- Frequency Characteristics
- 20Hz-100kHz +0, - 3dB (Effect Off)
- Sampling Frequency Characteristics
- 100Hz-7kHz +1, - 3dB (Effect On)
- 0.5% (1kHz -10 dB)
- Delay Time
- Short 22-88 ms, Middle 88-350ms, Long 350-1400 ms
- Sampling Time
- 350-1400 ms