- Out Level
- sets the volume level when the effect is ON. Rotate clockwise to increase level. Compare the effect ON and effect OFF volume levels, and use the OUT LEVEL control to set the desired balance.
- Over Drive
- sets the intensity of the overdrive distortion sound. Rotate clockwise to increase distortion and sustain.
- High EQ
- adjusts the tonal quality of the high frequency range. Rotate clockwise to emphasize the high frequencies for a brighter sound.
- Low EQ
- adjusts the tonal quality of the low frequency range. Rotate clockwise to emphasize the low frequencies for a softer sound.
The CMOS Over Drive produces the same type of soft, "musical" distortion that is created when a tube amplifier is overdriven.
The input signal first passes through a compressor circuit, and is then fed to a CMOS amplifier, an EQ circuit for tonal variation, and a level control circuit.
The CMOS Over Drive produces a superb overdrive effect without destroying the delicate picking and expressive nuances of the original sound. Further, 2 equalizer circuits are used to maintain exceptional clarity in the high frequency range without producing a hard, "edge" sound. The inclusion of a compressor circuit ahieves long sustain, making this a most versatile overdrive unit.
- Input Impedance
- 1 MOhm
- Output Impedance
- less than 2 kOhms
- Current Consumption
- 32 mA
- Battery Life
- approx. 5 hours continuous
- Power Source
- 9V battery or AC adapter
- Noise Level
- -96 dB (IHF-A), equiv. input. @ 0dB = 775mV, input shorted, Low EQ, High EQ at center, Over Drive at max.
- 70 x 61 x 126mm (2-3/4" x 2-3/8" x 4-15/16")
- 430g (15 oz) with battery.
- Tone Control
- Low EQ: 120Hz +/- 8dB, High EQ: 5kHz +/- 8dB
- Gain Control
- 30dB at 1.3 kHz
- Clip Ratio
- 70%, input 0dB, @ 0dB = 775mV, Over Drive at center