Xotic Wah XW-1 is modeled based on the Holy Grail wah, 1967-1968 Italian-built Clyde McCoy Wahs. With the Xotic XW-1 you don’t get one or three sounds in one pedal, you get unlimited sounds with unique controls that shape and contour your sound the way you hear it! The adjustability and flexibility of the XW-1 makes this one of the most versatile wah pedals available today!
With the XW-1 you will enjoy some exciting and innovative features including:
Self-lubricating nylon bushing pivot for quiet and smooth operation with fully-adjustable rocker pedal tension.
Gold contact relay true bypassing, which allows for transparent true bypass tone, while incorporating ultra reliable switching with minimum one million life cycle.
20% smaller footprint than conventional wah pedals.
Fully adjustable Wah-Q and Bias controls and a two-band EQ with +/-15 dB center-detent potentiometers optimize the voicing for different playing styles and gear.
Fuzz friendly buffering circuit assures a great sounding wah tone with your favorite fuzz pedals.
External controls & features:
BIAS CONTROL — Changing the bias warmer will lead the XW-1 to having slightly more output & firm up bass frequencies along with a more pronounced wah through the sweep. A cold bias is common with vintage wah pedals for a very clear voice that is more transparent in tone and smoother in operation.
WAH Q CONTROL — This knob adjusts the Q (the width of the filter peak) and in basic terms, adjusts the amount of the wah effect for precise filter shaping to achieve vocal-like effects.
TREBLE & BASS CONTROL — A two-band EQ with +/-15 dB center-detent potentiometers optimize the voicing for different playing styles and gear.
ADJUSTABLE RUBBER STOPPER — Located on the backside bottom of the treadle this rubber bumper can be shimmed to adjust the travel range of the pedal.
ADJUSTABLE PEDAL TORSION — Fully-adjustable rocker pedal torsion by adjusting Hex nut on the treadle.
LED INDICATOR — The LED indicator is located at the top of the XW-1 and lights up when the pedal is on. One unique feature of the XW-1 is the LED will flash if the battery power falls below 50% and indicates that it is time to change the battery.
DC JACK — 2.1mm x 5.5mm 9VDC — Negative Center. When an external power supply is used, the battery is disconnected from the circuit. When using a battery, the life of the battery can be extended if you unplug the input when the effect is not in use for long periods of time. Battery access is through the removal of bottom plate (4 screws).
Internal controls & features:
INPUT GAIN — Controls wah input gain– by turning clockwise it adds up to +6dB of Wah Boost.
RELAY BYPASS SWITCHING — XW-1 uses a relay bypass switching for true bypass switching.
INTERNAL DIP SWITCHES — Controls wah resonance frequency range.
Dimensions (W/D/H): D 8.27” (210mm) W 3.94” (100mm) H 2.64 (67mm)
Weight: 2.16lb. (980g)
Power Consumption: 9VDC/5mA
Battery Type: 9VDC (006P) x 1
Input Impedance: 1M ohm
Output Impedance: 10K ohm
Nominal Intput Level: -20 dBV
Nominal Output Level: -20 dBV
Bypass: True Bypass
- (2014-08-15) Xotic Effects Wah XW-1 Sneak Preview by Toshi Yanagi by realitywebvideo
- (2014-09-23) Xotic Effects Wah XW-1 Intro by realitywebvideo
- (2014-12-10) Xotic XW-1 Wah Pedal Demo by Chicago Music Exchange
- (2014-12-20) Xotic Effects Wah XW-1 - Demo by Simon Gotthelf by Simon Gotthelf
- (2014-12-24) Toshi Yanagi - Wah Demo - Song 1 by realitywebvideo
- (2014-12-24) Toshi Yanagi - Wah Demo - Song 2 by realitywebvideo
- (2014-12-24) Toshi Yanagi - Wah Demo - Song 3 by realitywebvideo
- (2014-12-24) Toshi Yanagi - Wah Demo - Song 5 by realitywebvideo
- (2014-12-24) Toshi Yanagi - Wah Demo - Song 4 by realitywebvideo
- (2015-01-14) XW-1 Comparison Demo by realitywebvideo
- (2015-01-23) Xotic Wah Comparison (paired with Fuzz Face) by realitywebvideo
- (2015-01-29) Xotic Wah by popintothechemist
- (2015-02-03) Xotic / Wah XW-1????????????? by digimartnet
- (2015-03-03) Holy violin batman!! Violin player Luis Mascaro stop by the shop to try out a XW-1 and RC Boost proving once more that Xotic pedals have no musical boundries! by Xotic
- (2015-03-19) XW-1 Final inspection before it goes to their future homes! by Xotic
- (2015-04-10) Review Demo - Xotic Effects XW 1 by Premier Guitar
- (2015-06-17) Mini Wah Wars..... (Xotic Vader vs Hotone Rex vs Obi Crybaby Kenobi) by RobChappers
- (2015-07-15) ???????Xotic Effects Xotic Wah XW-1 / ???? ??????????? by IKEBEchannel
- (2015-07-29) Xotic Effects Wah XW-1 Review - BestGuitarEffects.com by bestguitarfx
- (2015-07-29) That Pedal Show ? Xotic XW-1 Wah Pedal demo by The Gig Rig
- (2015-07-30) We had a bunch of requests for a short video showing Bass guitar with the XW-1 - here ya go... by Xotic
- (2015-09-04) Robert Randolph with Xotic Wah by Xotic
- (2015-12-10) Xotic XW-1 Wha Pedal by Prymaxe
- (2016-01-07) Paul Jackson Jr. Demo: Xotic Wah XW-1 by realitywebvideo
- (2016-01-07) Paul Jackson Jr. Demo: Using Xotic Wah with a distortion pedal by realitywebvideo
- (2016-01-07) Paul Jackson Jr. Demo: Playing a song with Xotic Wah by realitywebvideo
- (2016-01-15) Xotic Effects XW-1 Wah by reverbmarket
- (2016-03-10) Storeroom Reviews: XOTIC EFFECTS XW-1 WAH PEDAL by Absolute Music UK
- (2016-03-11) Jeff Kollman Interview regarding Xotic Wah and Xotic Effects by realitywebvideo
- (2016-05-05) Robert Randolph with Xotic Wah at Malibu Guitar Festival 2016 by realitywebvideo
- (2016-07-20) Steve Stevens Performance and Interview with the Xotic Wah XW-1 by realitywebvideo
- (2016-07-21) Steve Stevens with the Xotic Wah XW-1! Full video now up on our Wah page and YouTube channel! by Xotic
- (2016-09-19) Paul Jackson Jr. plays a song with the Xotic Wah XW-1 by Xotic