Classic, smooth fuzz tone in an easy-to-use pedal.
Sometimes, it's not about chasing a tone from one specific piece of equipment, it's about capturing the tones from the entire signal chain. Looking back through history, there have been some truly outstanding fuzz tones. In particular, the tones achieved by running a fuzz into a screaming stack. The kind of tones that are just earth shattering in their depth, aggression and smoothness.
Brian Wampler, who's always looking for the best tones to capture, decided the chase was on. Taking the base tones from a very famous pedal and the characteristics of a famous stacked, EL34 driven, amp - decided it was about time those tones were brought together in pedal format.
If you are a fan of the tones of the players like David Gilmour or Eric Johnson, then it could be that the Velvet Fuzz is the pedal you are looking for.
The key to the tone of the Velvet is the voicing switch. In the “big” position, the pedal reacts like a classic fuzz. Loads of internal compression and truly massive tones it really is that “tone” from that “era”. Dropping the volume back cleans it up perfectly so your rhythm can remain clear enough and then your solos will flatten all those who dare to stand before you.
In the “tight” position, the tone comes in and you get the feeling you have swapped amps as well, those mammoth tones but without the compression and other traits that many fuzz players love ... Yes, that's right. If you love the tone of fuzz but not the reaction of it, this is the setting on the pedal that is for you.
- Handmade in the U.S.A.
- True-bypass relay switching
- Battery connection and 9V power jack (barrel plug like BOSS)
- Power draw: 17mA
- Controls: Volume, Gain, Bass, Mid's, Treble, Smooth/Lift EQ options
- Smooth/Lift changes the tonality and gain structure, giving you an extra "lift" to your tone
- Dimensions: 2.5" x 4.5" (63.5mm x 114.3mm)
- 5-Year Warranty
- Powdercoated durable finish
- (2013-02-10) NAMM 2013 - Wampler Fuzz Prototype by EffectsDatabase
- (2013-07-09) Wampler Pedals - Velvet Fuzz by Wampler Pedals
- (2013-07-19) Wampler Velvet Fuzz by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2013-07-24) Wampler Velvet Fuzz - Lead Tones by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2013-08-05) Wampler Velvet Fuzz - Stacking by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2013-08-19) Summer NAMM '13 - Wampler Pedals Velvet Fuzz Demo by Premier Guitar
- (2013-08-21) Wampler Velvet Fuzz Review by HarMaMusic
- (2013-09-10) Wampler Pedals, Velvet Fuzz - Eric Johnson "example" tone. by Wampler Pedals
- (2013-09-13) Wampler Velvet Fuzz Blues by Sam Vilo
- (2013-10-11) Wampler : VELVET Fuzz by Burgerman666
- (2013-10-22) Wampler Lava Fuzz by GuitarPlayer
- (2013-11-16) WAMPLER EUPHORIA Overdrive and VELVET Fuzz : Demo & Review : 3P3D2013-DAY16 ~ 30 Pedals 30 Days by The Tone King
- (2013-11-16) Behind the Scenes: WAMPLER Euphoria & Velvet Fuzz : Demo & Review : 3P3D2013-DAY16 by The Tone King
- (2014-01-13) Wampler Velvet Fuzz Review by NstuffMusic
- (2014-02-15) Wampler Velvet Fuzz Review by sonicstate
- (2014-04-10) Velvet Fuzz feat. The Depths by Earthquaker Devices - Wampler Pedals by Wampler Pedals
- (2014-05-02) Wampler Velvet Fuzz Effects Pedal Demo by GelbMusic
- (2014-05-29) Wampler VELVET FUZZ pedal demo with Kingbee Tele & Mojotone Plexi by Gearmanndude
- (2014-06-21) Whirlwind ORANGE BOX Phase & Wampler Velvet Fuzz w Kingbee Tele & Dr Z Antidote by Gearmanndude
- (2014-07-08) Wampler - Velvet Fuzz Demo at GAK by GAK
- (2014-07-15) Wampler Velvet Fuzz Pedal Demo - Sweetwater Sound by Sweetwater Sound
- (2014-12-18) Wampler - Velvet Fuzz by Kayzer
- (2016-01-12) Stellar use of the Velvet and EQD Depths to create a great solo tone and groove. by Wampler Pedals
- (2016-09-20) Wampler Velvet Fuzz by reverbmarket
- (2017-12-23) DOD Carcosa Fuzz vs Wampler Velvet Fuzz - David vs Goliath by AndertonsMusic
- (2018-02-01) Wampler Velvet Fuzz? vs McPherson White Fuzz? by McPherson Stompboxes
- (2014-05-12) Velvet Fuzz - Travis Feaster: Fire by Wampler Pedals
- (2014-05-12) Velvet Fuzz - Travis Feaster: Hear My Train A Comin' by Wampler Pedals