A vintage inspired overdrive with tons of tweedy Fender tone.
Brian's work on the Wampler Pedals Black 65 left him grinning. Finally, after months and months of work, he'd nailed it. A pedal that can conjure a whole realm of classic tones with a few turns of the EQ knobs; a pedal that works equally well as a dedicated overdrive inspired by great, vintage Fender amps, or as a preamp or tone shaper that, when put at the end of your signal chain, just before your amp with the gain set low, can make any pedal before it sound and respond like you're running it through whichever favorite amp of the time period you dial it in for. A genuinely passion-driven homage to some of history's greatest amps! Yet that accomplishment couldn't be the end. History, after all, goes farther back than 1965, and so does the story of great tone.
Brian Wampler is a confirmed tone fiend. He has to be, to make the kind of excellent sounding and great playing pedals Wampler Pedals is known for. He knew that his work on the Black 65 would need to be followed up by another pedal to make the classic Fender® amplifier inspired Wampler Pedals family whole. When you go back in time, past the era that inspired the sound of the Black 65, you find yourself in the land of tweed, where raw, driven sounds offered guitarists new possibilities that they had never heard before, sounds that have found their way onto historic recordings. Creating a pedal that could do for the tweed amps of the mid to late 1950s what the Black 65 does for its amps would not be an easy process, but Brian has never shied away from a challenge!
Enter the Tweed 57, a pedal inspired by historic Fender® amps and their magic tone, a pedal which offers a wide palette of sounds and includes several features that you've come to expect from Wampler Pedals as well as some surprises Brians cooked up just for this pedal! With a full three-band EQ voiced carefully to let you get a wide range of tones from your amp, the Tweed 57 is not limited to trying to achieve one particular sound. And thanks to the fantastic Input Simulator switch, you've got flexibility and control just as you'd expect on an amp from that period, with Normal, Bright, and Linked input options that cooperate with the EQ and gain adjustments to give you control that is easy to use and rewarding to play with. The pedals dynamic response is extraordinary, and the overdriven tone is amazing.
Play the Wampler Pedals Tweed 57 and you'll understand exactly what inspired Brian to create this pedal, with a sound so characteristic and raw. Worked to perfection for his setup and yours, it's a safe bet after you experience this pedals historic rhythm and timeless, leaping-off-the-frets lead, youll be grinning, too.
- Hand made in the U.S.A.
- Completely true bypass
- Battery connection and 9v power jack (barrel plug like Boss)
- Controls: Volume, Gain, Bass, Mid's and Treble
- Unique input selector that reacts like the different inputs on the amps of this era
- 5 Year Warranty
- Powder coated durable finish
- Completely original circuitry
- 2.5" x 4.5" in size (63.5mm x 114.3mm)
- Power draw: 3mA
- (2012-05-04) Wampler Pedals: TWEED '57 by Burgerman666
- (2012-05-08) Wampler Pedals: TWEED '57 (with Strat to HIWATT SA212 only) by Burgerman666
- (2012-05-11) Wampler Pedals Tweed '57 Review by HarMaMusic
- (2012-05-12) Wampler Pedals Tweed '57 song by HarMaMusic
- (2012-05-12) Wampler Tweed '57 by JetCityMusic
- (2012-05-17) Wampler Pedals - Tweed '57 Overdrive by Wampler Pedals
- (2012-05-19) Wampler Tweed '57 by popintothechemist
- (2012-07-17) Summer NAMM '12 - Wampler Pedals Brent Mason Signature Hot Wired and Tweed '57 by Premier Guitar
- (2012-07-18) Nash T-68 Pink Paisley - Wampler Tweed '57 Original Tone Drive Pedal by Chicago Music Exchange
- (2012-07-24) Wampler Tweed '57 Overdrive Pedal by NstuffMusic
- (2012-10-25) Wampler Tweed '57 Demo by Guitar Planet Magazine
- (2013-01-11) Wampler Pedals - Tweed 57 Presentado por Javier Othón by GuitarGearComMx
- (2013-01-14) Wampler Tweed 57 Overdrive Pedal Demo - Sweetwater Sound by Sweetwater Sound
- (2013-10-16) Wampler Tweed '57 Guitar Effects Pedal by Musiciansfriend
- (2014-06-23) Wampler Tweed '57 Pedal Demo by intheblues
- (2014-11-11) Tone Shaper - Tweed 57 by Wampler Pedals
- (2015-11-25) Wampler Tweed '57 Overdrive by reverbmarket