To a discerning and devoted league of tone chasers, Brian Wampler is The King when it comes to organic, convincing and inspiring dirt tones. Thus we thought it only fitting to name Brian’s latest pedal – a simple Distortion pedal – The Sovereign.
A little presumptuous, you might say? No, we think this is a pedal that lives up to its name. Oh, yes. From cream to ream; thrash to powder puff; hellacious burn to heavenly soothe; The Sovereign will do it for you. Truly.
You see, Brian was asked by a very convincing and influential client (whom we shall name later) to make, a “simple distortion pedal”. Let’s think for a moment about the amazing “distortion” pedals Brian has already given us: The Plexi series, the SLOstortion, The ubiquitous Pinnacle and others. How could he top those? They’re already regarded as the best in their respective fields.
Well, folks, for starters, The Sovereign does not allude to be another (with all due respect) A.I.A.B (amp-in-a-box, for the uninitiated). No, no, no. This beast has its own thing going on. It has a mid control that is admittedly borrowed from other great Wampler pedals like The Pinnacle, but this one is refined, less fussy and instantly gratifying over the full range of its sweep. Seriously rich mids are to be found here, able to cut through the din of the bass and drums in an instant. Smooth, creamy highs – think: stainless steel wings on your soaring solos - are a mere flick of a toggle away. The bottom end is tight but with just the right amount of sag to simulate a good tube amp going into orgasmic throes of heat. Yeah, baby.
We think you will love this pedal.
You can only buy it at one place, though. That was part of the deal. A fair trade, we think, for an idea that inspired this king of pedals.
Coming soon, exclusive to Guitar Center/Musicians Friend. Call them. Register your interest, if you can, reserve it...
- (2012-05-24) Pedalboard demo: Featuring Sovereign, CER and Timmy by Burgerman666
- (2012-05-25) Wampler: SOVEREIGN Distortion. Charvel San Dimas Koa to Marshall Bluesbreaker by Burgerman666
- (2012-05-25) Sadie Kingman - Sovereign Outtakes by Burgerman666
- (2012-05-25) Wampler Pedals Sovereign Distortion Review by HarMaMusic
- (2012-05-30) Wampler: SOVEREIGN Distortion. Les Paul Standard to Marshall Bluesbreaker by Burgerman666
- (2012-05-30) Wampler: SOVEREIGN Distortion. PRS to Laney VC50 by Burgerman666
- (2012-05-30) Wampler: SOVEREIGN Distortion. Telecaster to HIWATT Custom SA212 by Burgerman666
- (2012-06-04) Wampler Pedals - Sovereign Distortion by Wampler Pedals
- (2012-06-20) Wampler Pedals - Sovereign Distortion (Steve Townsend) by Wampler Pedals
- (2012-08-15) Wampler Sovereign Distortion guitar effects pedal demo by Gearmanndude
- (2013-01-15) Wampler Sovereign Distortion - Amped Review by sonicstate
- (2014-02-13) Wampler Pedals - Sovereign Feat. Steve Townsend by Wampler Pedals
- (2014-03-04) Wampler Sovereign Effects Pedal Demo by GuitarCenterTV
- (2015-05-07) Test: Wampler Sovereign parte 1 by arielpozzo
- (2015-05-07) Test: Wampler Sovereign parte 2 by arielpozzo
- (2015-05-07) Test: Wampler Sovereign parte 3 by arielpozzo
- (2015-05-20) Sovereign - Brian Wampler and Steve Townsend by Wampler Pedals
- (2015-09-18) Wampler Pedals: Sovereing & Faux Analog Echo by GuitarGearComMx
- (2015-11-13) Hardcore clipping rock tone that's almost a fuzz happening with the Tumnus blasting full on into the Sovereign! by Wampler Pedals
- (2016-03-15) Wampler Sovereign Distortion Pedal Demo by Sweetwater by Sweetwater Sound
- (2014-05-29) Wampler Pedals - Sovereign: Steve Townsend - Panama by Wampler Pedals