As close as we could come to a tape echo machine... the faux tape echo is basically the analogecho (which is a favorite of many guitarists such as Brad Paisley) crossed with a unique circuit the speeds up and slows down the echos, just like a real tape echo. It isn't modulating like other 'tape echo' emulations though... many of them sound like a chorus pedal in the background... while that is a cool sound in itself, a tape echo's 'flutter' created modulation tones by the recording tape slightly speeding up and slowing down - that's why we duplicated the modulation circuit to do the same thing.
If you are tired of wimpy sterile delay tones or just simply wish that your analog delay could get brighter, the faux echo is your pedal! While the echoes are created digitally, the base signal is all analog and is extremely transparent. The echoes are not sterile and brittle like a digital delay though - they are big, full and FAT.
Max delay time: about 600ms
- High grade film capacitors and resistors picked for their superior sound and response
- Completely true bypass
- Battery connection and 9v power jack (barrel plug like Boss)
- controls: level, repeats, delay time, modulation depth, tone control on repeats (darker or brighter echoes)
- Ultra-bright LED for ease of use
- Battery connection and 9v power jack (barrel plug like Boss)
- Powder coated durable finish
- 5 year warranty
Wampler Pedals (about the version with Tap Tempo)
The Faux Tape Echo delay has become a staple in Nashville and beyond, from masterful session guitarists to studio "house sound" collections and of course seen on stages worldwide! Based around very carefully selected and very rigorously tested PT2399 delay chips, the Faux AnalogEcho and Faux Tape Echo circuits allowed Brian to combine the note clarity of a sophisticated digital delay with an all-analog dry path (unaffected signal) and magnificent all-analog tone-shaping and modulation circuitry.
What does that actually mean for musicians? The answer to that is "everything!" With our hybrid design approach, you get the best of both worlds. You get note clarity, lower noise, and longer delay times from digital delays. You get the lovely warmth and little, exquisite touches that are usually reserved for analog delays. Nearly every part of the pedal, all of its major functions, are analog. The "delay line" is the only digital part of the signal path. It alone being digital brings clarity and focus to the task in a way that analog delay line chips can't really match.
But everything else, all the absolutely vital filtering to carefully finish the sound is pure analog. Every aspect of the modulation that gives the Faux Tape Echo pedal a unique function and tone and makes it desirable for people who want their delay tone to sound as good as tape delay units but without all the maintenance, supplies, and hassle? Totally analog. Your all-important fundamental dry tone is 100% analog, too.
So when we say it's the best of both worlds, we absolutely mean it. From country slap-back to ambient washes to straight-ahead rock and metal delay, the hybrid approach lets Brian make one pedal that can do it all.
Still, we wouldn't be Wampler Pedals if we didn't listen to our users, artists, and dealers, and take into account feature requests... In this case, we'd have to plug our fingers in our ears if we were to ignore all the people shouting for TAP TEMPO! And let's face it, Brian Wampler wouldn't be who he is if he weren't always thinking of a better way to accomplish something cool, in this case a great sounding and more adjustable new modulation that will put the Faux Tape Echo's "Faux Tape Reel" into our most authentic territory yet.
This new version of the Faux Tape Echo takes everything great about the original, and adds to it that much-requested tap tempo functionality that users have asking for, as well as Brian's new idea in emulating the elusive and beautiful character that people look for in classic tape echo units. The time has come to unveil the Faux Tape Echo that everyone has been waiting for – and we've all worked hard to make sure you're going to love it!
- (2009-11-20) Faux Tape Echo by Wampler Pedals (through Fender Bassman) by Wampler Pedals
- (2009-12-03) Wampler Faux Tape Echo digital delay by sheetsofsound
- (2009-12-16) Wampler: FAUX TAPE ECHO (with Triple Wreck) by Burgerman666
- (2010-02-03) Wampler Faux Tape Echo by tatoi
- (2010-02-03) Wampler Faux Tape Echo (darker & shorter repeats) by tatoi
- (2010-04-02) Wampler Pedals: Ecstasy Drive (with Faux Tape Echo) by Burgerman666
- (2010-04-03) Wampler Pedals: PLEXI-DRIVE (with Faux Tape Echo) by Burgerman666
- (2010-09-01) Dice Works 'Overture' Muff/Treble Booster w/Wampler Faux Tape Echo by Burgerman666
- (2010-09-16) Wampler Pedals: Ecstasy Drive and Faux Tape Echo (no talk, all rawk edit) by Burgerman666
- (2010-09-16) Wampler Pedals: Plexi-Drive & Faux Tape Echo (no talk edit) by Burgerman666
- (2010-11-30) FuzzHugger (fx) - AB Synth Fuzz & Wampler - Faux Tape Echo by Kayzer
- (2010-12-03) Apple - iLive 11 new iMovie Sound Effects VS Wampler Faux Tape Echo by Kayzer
- (2010-12-04) Strymon - El Capistan VS Wampler - Faux Tape Echo VS Skreddy - Echo (Tape Delay Shootout) by Kayzer
- (2010-12-04) Wampler - Faux Tape Echo by Kayzer
- (2011-01-04) Wampler Faux Tape Echo Pedal by NstuffMusic
- (2011-03-07) Wampler Faux Tape Echo by JetCityMusic
- (2011-07-19) Wampler Pedals: Faux Tape Echo (Strat to Laney clean channel) by Burgerman666
- (2011-07-20) Wampler Faux Tape Echo by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2011-10-03) WAMPLER Faux Tape Echo Pedal Demo ( Delay ) by TheJRGuitars
- (2011-11-16) Wampler Faux Tape Echo Pedal Review / Demo With Rick Graham iGuitar Magazine by iguitarmag
- (2012-04-05) Fano RB6 - Wampler Tape Echo - Tone King Amp by Chicago Music Exchange
- (2012-11-20) Wampler Faux Tape Echo with Tap Tempo demo by Roger Fortner
- (2012-12-20) Wampler: FAUX TAPE ECHO DELAY by Burgerman666
- (2013-01-02) Wampler Faux Tape Echo (Tap Tempo) Delay Demo - Tom Quayle by Tom Quayle
- (2013-01-07) Wampler Faux Tape Echo with Tap Tempo Review by HarMaMusic
- (2013-01-27) Wampler Faux Tape Echo Pedal by MusicToyz
- (2013-02-01) NAMM '13 - Wampler Pedals Dual Fusion and Tape Echo by Premier Guitar
- (2013-04-23) Wampler Faux Tape Echo TAP TEMPO guitar effects pedal demo with Gibson SG by Gearmanndude
- (2013-06-10) Wampler Faux Tape Echo by MusicToyz
- (2013-07-01) Wampler Faux Tape Echo Pedal Demo by Brent Mason at GearFest '13 - Sweetwater Sound by Sweetwater Sound
- (2013-10-11) Wampler Faux Tape Echo by shnobel
- (2014-06-30) Wampler Faux Tape Echo Pedal demo by intheblues
- (2014-09-17) Review Guitar Effect WAMPLER Faux Tape Echo Delay by Chatreeo
- (2014-11-08) Just been texted this from Tom Quayle and Garry Jackson; having fun with a bass and the Faux Tape Echo and some of the stranger repeat patterns you can get from it! by Wampler Pedals
- (2014-12-05) Wampler Faux Tape Echo with Tap Tempo Pedal Review - Sweetwater Sound by Sweetwater Sound
- (2014-12-19) Limited Edition Wampler Faux Tape Echo... Christmas graphics by Wampler Pedals
- (2015-07-10) Wampler Faux Tape Echo | N Stuff Music Product Review by NstuffMusic
- (2016-01-15) Wampler Pedals Faux Tape Echo Delay by reverbmarket
- (2016-06-27) Wampler Tape Echo Delay Pedal - Demo by Nevada Music UK