The Fathom is a feature-rich reverb with 4 different customized reverb algorithms to choose from. Easily go from tasteful, small room reverb to long, modulated trails dripping of ambient goodness. The toggle switch adds options for low, medium and high modulation. Use the dampen knob to fine tune the tone of the reverb's decay.
The Fathom features 4 different algorithms:
- Hall - Wide, open and vast with decay that ends with high-frequency roll-off. X knob adjusts pre-delay.
- Plate - Full Body reverb with a smooth decay. X knob adjusts pre-delay.
- Lo-fi - Filtered reverb with decay ranging from warm to thin AM-sounding radio. X knob adjusts filter width.
- Sonar - Reverb fed with both a high and low octave with the ability to blend the octaves with the X knob.
- When the pedal is in off position, press and hold the Bypass Switch to temporarily activate the effect to add a moment of reverb. Releasing the switch turns the effect off.
- Press and hold the Sustain Switch while the pedal is on, to sustain the reverb decay for a dreamy ambient decrescendo.
- To turn trails mode on or off, unplug the pedal and press and hold down the Bypass Switch for two seconds while plugging the pedal back in.
Walrus Audio (press release January 15, 2018)
Walrus Audio Fathom Multi-Function Reverb
Oklahoma City, OK Monday, January 15, 2018 - Pedal enthusiasts and message board devotees may remember seeing a prototype image from early 2017 of a new Reverb from Walrus leading to lots of messages and speculation of what we were up to. After a complete art redesign and many more hours of breadboarding, the Fathom Multi-Function Reverb is ready to surface. Easily go from tasteful, small room reverb to long, modulated trails dripping of ambient goodness. Players will find the Fathom a very useful tool in a small footprint under $200.
The Fathom features 4 different algorithms. Hall, Plate, Lo-fi and Sonar, which gives a tip of the hat to its older brother, the Descent with a blendable shimmer/octave. Each algorithm can be modified with the â€œXâ€ knob changing pre-delay, filter width or mix low and high octaves, respectively. A three way toggle also offers very tasteful amounts of modulation to your trails.
With four custom algorithms, trails mode, sustain momentary function, a small footprint and a sub $200 price point, the Fathom will appeal to players of all genres.
The Fathom comes in a â€œArizona Tealâ€ finish with cream and white ink. Artwork by illustrator Stuart Dooley features a lone one manned sub lost in the chasmic depths searching for the origins of the mysterious Julia.
The die-cast enclosureâ€™s exact size is 4.77â€ x 2.6â€ x 1.39â€. Power requirements are 9VDC (100mA minimum).
Walrus Audio is offering The Fathom for a retail price of $199 and is available for pre-order now with an expected release date of January 29, 2017 at walrusaudio.com and with our authorized dealers.
- (2018-01-15) Fathom Reverb by Walrus Audio by 60 Cycle Hum
- (2018-01-15) Walrus Audio Fathom Reverb | Reverb Demo by reverbmarket
- (2018-01-15) Walrus Audio FATHOM Reverb - Drown in a sea of Reverb! by EytschPi42
- (2018-01-15) Walrus Audio Fathom Reverb - in a produced track! by EytschPi42
- (2018-01-15) Walrus Audio Fathom Multi-Function Reverb Tech Demo by Walrus Audio
- (2018-01-15) Walrus Audio: FATHOM Multi-Function Reverb by Burgerman666
- (2018-01-15) Walrus Audio FATHOM multi function Reverb demo with Zemaitis (humbuckers) by Gearmanndude
- (2018-01-15) Walrus Audio Fathom Multi-function Reverb by JustNickMusic
- (2018-01-16) Walrus Fathom Reverb Preview by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2018-01-16) Walrus Audio: FATHOM - short demo by Burgerman666
- (2018-01-20) Making of the Reverb Track with the Walrus Audio FATHOM by EytschPi42
- (2018-01-20) Walrus Audio Fathom (demo) by Livingroom Demos
- (2018-01-22) First Look: Walrus Audio Fathom Multi-Function Reverb by Premier Guitar
- (2018-01-27) Walrus Audio Fathom Reverb Pedal - Winter NAMM 2018 by Musiciansfriend
- (2018-01-28) Walrus Audio - The Fathom Reverb - NAMM 2018 by AndertonsMusic
- (2018-01-28) Walrus Audio Fathom Multi-Function Reverb by GuitarCenterTV
- (2018-01-29) NAMM 2018 - Walrus Audio - Fathom Reverb by guitarworld
- (2018-01-29) Walrus Audio Fathom Multi-Function Reverb Effects Pedal Demo Video by PedalOfTheDay
- (2018-01-29) Walrus Audio - Fathom (NAMM 2018 Pedal Demo Marathon) by Eric Merrow
- (2018-01-30) NAMM 2018: Walrus Audio - Fathom Reverb by GuitarPlayer
- (2018-01-30) NAMM '18 - Walrus Audio Fathom Reverb Demo by Premier Guitar
- (2018-02-02) Walrus Audio Pedal Play: The Fathom Multi-Function Reverb by Walrus Audio
- (2018-02-08) Fathom Multi-Function Reverb First Impressions by Walrus Audio
- (2018-02-14) Walrus Audio Fathom Reverb - Namm 2018 Subtitulado by GuitarGearComMx
- (2018-02-16) Fathom Multi-Function Reverb First Impressions with Chase Kerby by Walrus Audio
- (2018-02-16) Free Pedal Friday: Walrus Audio Fathom | Reverb Giveaway by reverbmarket
- (2018-02-16) Free Pedal Friday: Walrus Audio Fathom | Reverb Tone Report by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2018-02-22) Walrus Audio Fathom Reverb Through Vocals with Ariella Jernigan by Walrus Audio
- (2018-03-15) Walrus Audio ??? Fathom Multi-Function Reverb by BuzzbeeTV
- (2018-03-17) Walrus Audio Fathom Multi-Function Reverb Pedal Demo & Review (Stompbox Saturday Ep.114) by SeanPierceJohnson