Dynamic, responsive, tube-like, and amp-like. Walrus Audio is extremely excited to announce the new 385 Overdrive that is boastfully responsible for all those adjectives.
For decades now, guitarists in search of pure tone have been taking the tube-powered audio sections of vintage film projectors and using it as a guitar amp. Heads up – it sounds amazing. After endless hours of research on vintage Bell and Howell 385 Filmosound projector, Walrus has created a fantastic new overdrive modeled after the projector’s tone. The Bell and Howell 385 gracefully lends itself to create an amazing guitar amp. Its simple, but effective controls, plus dual 6V6 output section make for a simple and extremely responsive amp that has an amazing compressed overdrive when cranked.
THIS was the sound and feel Walrus needed to shoot for in an amp-like pedal. The 385 was developed to have the same simple but effective tone control as it’s grandfather. The amp has this as well but bass and treble are stacked behind the single tone knob. With our design breaking them up, we allow for a much wider array of tones to be achieved. The user is able to boost and cut bass and treble, allowing them to be creative with mid-frequency scoops and bumps. The pedal is internally running at 18v, which helps us nail the same dynamic feel of the amp in a stomp box. This means it is extremely sensitive to how hard you dig in – just like the amp.
The 385 comes in a matte black finish with yellow ink featuring original artwork of a vintage Belle and Howell 385 projector ready to give you the dynamic tone you’ve been searching for.
The diecast enclosure’s exact size is 4.77" x 2.6" x 1.39". Power requirements are 9VDC (100mA minimum).
The use of an isolated power supply is recommended for powering all Walrus Audio Pedals. Daisy chain power supplies are not recommended.
- (2016-06-24) Walrus Audio 385 Overdrive and Monument Tremolo at Summer NAMM 2016 by reverbmarket
- (2016-06-29) Walrus Audio Harmonic Tap Tremolo and 385 Overdrive by guitarworld
- (2016-07-07) Danielle Williams playing her electric harp through the Deep Six, 385 Overdrive, and Descent Reverb a few weeks ago at Summer NAMM 2016. by Walrus Audio
- (2016-08-09) Pre-oder the 385 Overdrive by Walrus Audio
- (2016-08-10) Walrus Audio: 385 Overdrive Tech Demo by Walrus Audio
- (2016-08-16) 385 Overdrive Now Shipping! by Walrus Audio
- (2016-08-17) 385 Overdrive + Gideon Boley by Walrus Audio
- (2016-08-19) 385 Overdrive + Taylor Johnson by Walrus Audio
- (2016-08-30) 385 Overdrive - The Story by Walrus Audio
- (2016-08-31) Quick clip of Chris Butler playing with dynamics on the 385! by Walrus Audio
- (2016-09-01) Walrus Audio 385 demo by Lance Seymour - Gear Talk by GearTalkChannel
- (2016-09-02) Bobby of @fitforakingband doing some serious shredding with the 385 Overdrive! Any other heavy riffers out there tried it yet? by Walrus Audio
- (2016-09-04) Walrus Audio 385 Overdrive by JustNickMusic
- (2016-09-06) Walrus Audio - 385 by 60 Cycle Hum
- (2016-09-07) Walrus Audio 385 Overdrive by shnobel
- (2016-09-07) Watch Colt try to do a good "photo bomb." But more importantly, here's some extra footage of @chavigrande showing some great dynamics and response with the 385 Overdrive. by Walrus Audio
- (2016-09-09) Walrus Audio: 385 Overdrive by Burgerman666
- (2016-09-11) Walrus Audio 385 Overdrive (demo) by Livingroom Demos
- (2016-09-12) Walrus Audio 385 Dynamic Overdrive pedal demo with Suhr Tele by Gearmanndude
- (2016-09-12) 385 Gooves by Walrus Audio
- (2016-09-14) Licklibrary + 385 by Walrus Audio
- (2016-09-19) Walrus Audio 385 vs JHS Superbolt V2 by shnobel
- (2016-10-02) Walrus Audio 385 vs JHS The Calhoun by shnobel
- (2016-10-04) Tyler Tomlinson showing us how it's done on the 385 Overdrive. by Walrus Audio
- (2016-10-07) Cory Wong of Ben Rector and Vulfpeck , Cody Fry and Kevin MacIntire all stopped by the shop today before their gig at Oklahoma Christian. The 385, Julia and Monument were all given a thorough run through on Cory's Strat! by Walrus Audio