The legendary V846 is back, and it’s better than ever. Introducing the V846-HW: The ultimate Wah Wah pedal for the tone enthusiast, featuring hand-wired turret board construction and premium components.
Features & Highlights
- A premium rebirth of the classic VOX 846 Wah Wah.
- The pedal that continues to be loved by legendary guitarists around the world
- Hand-wired turret board construction uses absolutely no printed circuit boards
- True bypass circuit eliminates loss in audio quality when bypassed
- Vintage spec Halo type inductors reproduce the distinctive sound of the classic V846
- New VOX potentiometer design provides precise control and excellent reliability
- Low-noise carbon composite resistors (made in Japan by KAMAYA ELECTRIC CO., LTD)
- High-quality polyester film capacitors
- Foot switch made by Carling Technology, chosen for its durability and unbeatable feel underfoot
- Solid and trustworthy jacks made by Switchcraft®
VOX created the world's first wah-wah pedal back in the 1960s; forever changing the sound of rock music. In 1967, guitarists from around the world rushed to embrace the original V846 Wah Wah Pedal, known for its inimitable VOX sound. The V846 has more than earned its place in rock history, being used on countless legendary performances, including the famous playing of Voodoo chile at the Woodstock Music & Arts Fair in 1969.
Now in 2011, over forty years later, the V846 has been reborn as the V846-HW Hand-Wired Wah Wah Pedal. While its classic tone is undeniable, the V846-HW was not created to simply repeat the history of the past, but to write new chapters in the future. As its name implies, the V846 Hand Wired boasts hand-wired turret board construction. But VOX didn’t stop there. Every component, including the inductors, resistors, capacitors, and the potentiometer has been carefully selected for premium fidelity and tone. In fact, a tone-preserving true bypass has been added to the original design. Outside, the die-cast body features a sandblasted exterior with crepe finish. The V846-HW is a perfect combination of VOX's world-famous technology, with classical yet modern specifications, surpassing any previous Wah Wah pedal in history by delivering the purest sound.
Hand Wired Artistry
The internal circuitry of the V846-HW uses no printed circuit boards whatsoever; the hand-wired turret board construction requires a high level of craftsmanship, technical skill, and precise manual assembly. Labor intensive, this hand-wiring artistry creates an ideal and efficient signal path. Responding to every nuance of the guitarist's touch, the V846-HW is truly the ultimate Wah Wah pedal.
Designed as a premier pedal for the tone purist, the V846-HW provides a true bypass circuit to meet the needs of today's guitarist. Any coloration of the sound or loss in audio quality when the Wah Wah function is off has been totally removed.
Vintage-Spec Inductor; Smooth Potentiometer
The inductor is the heart of every VOX Wah Wah pedal. The V846-HW uses a specially-voiced vintage-spec Halo type inductor. The carefully selected magnetic core material and winding ensures a perfect reproduction of the original V846's Wah sound, the sound sought after by guitarists around the world. The potentiometer is a VOX original that features a distinctive response, and is sealed for durability. Thanks to a remarkably smooth curve, the region at the very beginning of the pedal's travel – a region difficult for conventional Wah Wah pedals – is assured sensitive response with an unprecedentedly fine degree of control.
Premium Components offer Maximum Sound Potential
Carbon composite resistors (made in Japan by KAMAYA ELECTRIC CO., LTD) are used for their extremely low noise and uncolored sound. As in the VOX Hand-Wired Series amps, high-spec polyester film capactitors are used. The high-quality footswitch made by Carling Technologies, was selected for both its reliability and its good feel underfoot. The Switchcraft® jacks are well-known and trusted for their sturdy bushings, simple construction, and high reliability. Together, these carefully selected components come together in the amazing V846-HW, the ideal embodiment of the Wah Wah pedal that only VOX can provide.
VOX V846-HW Wah-Wah Specifications:
- Terminals: Input (x1) Output (x1)
- Power supply: 9 Volt Battery (x1)
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 102 x 253 x 80 mm/ 4.02 x 9.96 x 3.15 inches
- Weight: 1,300 g/ 2.86 lbs. (not including battery)
- Standard Accessory: Special Soft Case
- (2011-10-03) Vox WahPedals by Eko
- (2011-10-13) VOX Wah Wah Pedals Comparison/Demo - V845, V846-HW, V847a by Vox
- (2012-01-06) ?????????????????VOX?V846-HW? by digimartnet
- (2012-03-17) Vox Hand-wired Wah - Demo by Just Nick for Rock n Roll Vintage by JustNickMusic
- (2013-01-04) VOX V846-HW Wah Pedal (Aivn) by JamStageCz
- (2013-03-17) Vox 846HW Hand Wired Wah by roknfnrol
- (2011-08-29) Demo 01 Jam / VOX V846-HW by Korg
- (2011-08-29) Demo 02 Sweep / VOX V846-HW by Korg
- (2011-08-29) Demo 03 Crying Sweep / VOX V846-HW by Korg
- (2011-08-29) Demo 04 School Sweep / VOX V846-HW by Korg
- (2011-08-29) Demo 05 with Gain / VOX V846-HW by Korg
- (2011-08-29) Demo 06 with Modern Overdrive / VOX V846-HW by Korg