Push a good valve amp hard and it will produce a warm, overdrive sound. That's the sound the VOX Valve-Tone was created to deliver. The V810 Valve-Tone responds just like a valve amp.
The Valve-Tone's totally analog circuit creates a really natural, sensitive overdrive that responds to the slightest nuances of a player's picking technique. Change your pick attack and you can bring in harmonics or make your guitar snarl. The Valve Tone provides the kind of ultra-sensitive response to your playing that you'd only expect from a valve amp cranked up.
Boost your amp's drive without blowing its sound.
The Valve Tone is excellent as a pre-driver to boost your amp's drove sensitivity without impairing the amp's essential sound. It really works great with the VOX AC.30 amp.
Three controls - that's all you need.
The Valve Tone's GAIN, LEVEL and TONE knobs give you all the control you need to get the overdrive and tone you want. It couldn't he any faster or easier to get the sound you need. VOX's true bypass switching ensures that your direct sound is unaltered when you hit the footswitch and bypass the pedal's circuitry.
No hum, not low hum.
The Valve Tone is nine volt battery powered. and for extra added convenience an AC adapter is also available. The cool thing about VOX's V810 pedal is that it features a ripple filter in its power supply section to eliminate the hum noise that is sometimes a problem with AC adapters.
- Input impedance: 450 k-ohms
- Output impedance: 1 k-ohms
- Nominal input level: -20dBu
- Nominal output level -20dBu
- Controls: LEVEL, GAIN, TONE, Foot switch
- Indicators: Effect LED (also functions as battery check)
- Input/Output jacks: INST jack, AMP jack, AC jack
- Power supply: One 9V DC battery 6F22(S-006P), or separately sold AC adapter (9VDC centre negative)
- Power consumption: 9mA(9VDC effect in use)
- Battery life for continuous use: approximately 70 hours with manganese battery (will vary depending on conditions)
- Dimensions: 86(W) 148(D) 59(H) (including rubber feet)
- Weight: 530 g (including battery)
- Options: AC adapter
- (2009-04-04) TS 808 vs Valve Tone - Chords by 2guests
- (2009-04-04) TS 808 vs Valve Tone - Single Notes by 2guests
- (2013-03-28) vox valve tone by Don Felipe