The V8 DISTORTION takes advantage of VOX’s newly developed Hi-Volt technology and provide not only the warm tone expected from a tube but also the all important feel and dynamics.
- All-discrete circuitry - the result of a relentless design philosophy
- True bypass design provides tonal confidence even when the effect is off
- Tough die-cast body that stands up to the rigors of the road
- Newly developed Hi-Volt technology allows the tube to operate at 200V, even on battery power
- Gain control lets you adjust the tonal character
- Heater current’s slow start circuit ensures vacuum tube longevity
- Controllable high-gain distortion that retains that retain the natural essence of your guitar
- Highly usable “Mid Shift” switch adds extra presences tonal definition
High-gain distortion with awe-inspiring tone
As befits the name "V-type 8-cylinder," this is a high-gain distortion unit that boasts an awe-inspiring tone. In addition to distortion sounds that are ideal for heavy riffs or soloing, you can also obtain cutting high-gain lead sounds. It provides a mid-shift switch that lets you change the band where the mid-range peaks. Turning this off gives you a broad range with an emphasized attack. Turning it on will shift the band to be more suitable for lead playing.