You like the great sound of the Route 808, but you want a more open sounding, amp-like overdrive with less dominant mid-range? Open Road is the overdrive you've been searching for. Finally, an overdrive pedal that delivers grind and girth. Clear low end, sparkling highs, and none of the mid-range hump found in most other dirt boxes. Play a sixstring chord and all the notes ring through. Play a single note line and it sizzles, punch a power chord and it grinds.
Open Road features a very interactive tone circuit, effecting not only high-end roll-off, but gain structure as well. At any setting, at any volume, Open Road produces organic amp-like tones that might cause you to leave it on all the time.
Works great on bass too!
- Dimensions: 3" x 5 11/16" (78 x 144mm);
- Current Draw: 11-17mA
- (2009-03-26) Visual Sound Open Road #1 by Truetone
- (2009-03-26) Visual Sound Open Road #2 by Truetone
- (2009-03-31) Visual Sound Route 808 & Open Road Overdrive guitar pedal shootout w SG & Blues Jr amp by Gearmanndude
- (2009-07-19) Visual Sound Open Road Overdrive Pedal Summer NAMM Demo by Sweetwater Sound
- (2009-08-25) Summer NAMM '09 - Visual Sound Vans Warped Distortion & Open Road Demos by Premier Guitar
- (2010-01-06) Visual Sound Open Road & Truetone Pedals by guitarworld
- (2013-09-28) Visual Sound Open Road Overdrive Pedal by intheblues
- (2013-10-01) Fulltone Plimsoul vs Visual Sound Open Road by intheblues