From 1955 to 1964 was the era where Fender Tweed faced amps ruled the guitar world. Around 1965 the Tweed amps were replaced with the Black Face series of amps to allow more head room and a cleaner sound. Eventually guitarists started missing the warm compressed tones they got form those early amps. A good portion of today’s Boutique Amp market seems to involve around reproducing those Tweed designs.
The Vick Audio Tweed Tone was created to recreate the warm compressed distortion sound that came from overdriving those early Tweed amps. This is a raw distortion with a lot of tonal characteristics to make your guitars sound come alive. This pedal is very touch sensitive and respond to your pick attack.
This pedal takes a standard Boss Style 9 volt negative tip power supply (not included).
- 3PDT True Bypass switch and high-quality jacks
- Environmentally conscious strip board construction
- Uses 2.1 mm Boss style power jack, no internal 9V battery clip
- Hand-wired, boutique quality, made in USA
Comparable to the Love Pedal Woodrow or the Wampler Tweed ‘57
- (2013-11-04) Tweed Tone Distortion by Vick Audio
- (2014-01-01) Vick Audio Tweed Tone Distortion guitar pedal demo by Gearmanndude
- (2014-04-25) Vick Audio Tweed Tone Distortion by Vick Audio
- (2014-05-01) Petey Twofinger demo of the Tweed Tone Distortion by Vick Audio
- (2014-06-19) Vick Audio TWEED TONE DEMO by Petey Twofinger