The Silverback is a very versatile medium gain distortion pedal. At the lower gain settings it has a sweet warm overdrive tone but turn up the gain and this beast gets nasty. The asymmetrical clipping diode configuration of the Silverback provided a unique and sonically pleasing distortion. The tone control has tons of range to produce everything from screaming highs to chest pounding lows. It has great sustain with a smooth musical decay. What really make the Silverback stand out from the pack is the touch dynamics of this pedal. Lighten up your touch to smooth out and clean up your sound then dig in for a great distorted breakup.
The Silverback is not a super high gain pedal it gives you an amazing medium gain distortion at the higher gain settings, but I have a feeling that a lot of people are going to fall in love with this as an overdrive and never use the gain knob past about 25%.
If you want to rule the band be a Silverback!
- 3PDT True Bypass switch
- High Quality US made PCB construction
- Neutrik Audio Jacks
- Powder Coated Enclosure
- Uses 2.1 mm Boss style power jack, no internal 9V battery clip
- Hand-wired, boutique quality, made in USA
- Laser engraved graphics
- (2014-04-30) The Silverback distortion pedal by Vick Audio by Vick Audio
- (2014-07-09) Vick Audio Silverback Demo by shnobel
- (2014-07-12) Vick Audio Silverback vs 86 Pro Co RAT by shnobel
- (2014-07-23) Vick Audio Silverback demo by Vick Audio
- (2014-09-12) Vick Audio Silverback Video Demo / Song by Petey Twofinger
- (2014-12-19) JHS Pedals Twin Twelve vs Vick Audio Silverback by shnobel