The Pagan Fuzz is based on the Astro-Tone Fuzz produced by the Astro Amp/Universal Amplifier Corporation in‘66 and ’67. While I loved a lot of the sonic characteristics of the original units I found them a bit too bright and trebly for my taste. With a couple simple modifications to the original circuit I came up with a design that allows for a greater bass response while retaining the overall tonal characteristics of the original units. The Pagan Fuzz provides a deep, rich, aggressive fuzz with a wide range of tonal possibilities. This is a 60’s style fuzz that adds grittiness and punch while remaining balanced and defined.
As with the original units your guitars output should be set near maximum to provide a strong signal to the unit.
- 3PDT True Bypass switch
- Neutrik Jacks
- Environmentally conscious strip board construction
- Uses 2.1 mm Boss style power jack, no internal 9V battery clip
- Hand-wired, boutique quality, made in USA
- Powder Coated Enclosure
- (2013-11-04) The Pagan Fuzz by Vick Audio by Vick Audio
- (2014-03-20) The Pagan Fuzz by Vick Audio by Vick Audio
- (2014-05-21) Vick Audio Pagan Fuzz by shnobel
- (2014-06-04) Vick Audio PAGAN FUZZ guitar pedal demo with Gibson VOS ES-335 by Gearmanndude
- (2014-09-23) paganfuzz by Vick Audio
- (2014-12-17) JHS Twin Twelve vs Vick Audio Pagan Fuzz by shnobel