The first edition of the Mini Mu is a simple clone of the classic Mutron III envelope filter (aka autowah). A few extras have been added, namely a an active clean gain stage and an "in between" position on the range switch. With the included charge pump, this runs on +/-9V like the original without needing a special power supply or two batteries.
- GAIN: Controls the pre-gain of the circuit, and affects how the circuit responds to the dynamics of the input signal.
- PEAK: Controls the amount of resonant feedback in the filter.
- LEVEL: Active gain stage sets the output volume - NO MORE VOLUME DROP!
- DRIVE: Selects between a upward frequency sweep & a downward frequency sweep.
- RANGE: Selects between a higher or lower frequency sweep range.
- MODE: Selects, between high pass, band pass, and low pass modes.
- INTERNAL CONTROL: The internal trimpot affects how the LDRs respond to the trigger circuit. This greatly affects the sweep & feel of the filter sweep.
- (2014-11-16) VFE Pedals - Mini Mu by Kayzer
- (2015-03-28) VFE Pedals Mini Mu Auto Wah Envelope Filter Pedal Demo by intheblues
- (2015-10-22) VFE Pedals MINI MU by popintothechemist
- Musitronics Mu-Tron III
- Mu-FX (by Mike Beigel) Mu-Tron 3X (reissue by original inventor, European version)
- Mu-FX (by Mike Beigel) Tru-Tron 3X (reissue by original inventor)
- Audio-Phonic Mu-Tron III (copy of the Mu-Tron III, Argentina?)
- Shin-Ei MB-27 Mute Box
- Pax Mute Box (made by Shin-Ei)
- Univox UTR-5 Uni-Tron 5 (Japanese copy of the Mu-Tron III)
- 3Leaf Audio Proton - Envelope Filter (modified copy of the Mu-Tron III)
- Cluster Effects Wonder-3 (modified copy of the Mu-Tron III)
- dp Musicworks FilTron (modified copy of the Mu-Tron III)
- Funky Fish Envelope Filter (modified copy of the Mu-Tron III)
- GEO Neutron Filter (DIY project based on the Mu-Tron III)
- Hartman Envelope Filter (based on the Mu-Tron III)
- Mojo Hand FX M3 Wonder Filter (DIY project based on the Mu-Tron III)
- Mowery Electronics Dynatron (modified copy of the Mu-Tron III)
- Prophecysound Rubber Fetish (based on the Mu-Tron III)
- Viva Analog Mu3 (modified copy of the Mu-Tron III)