Totally Wycked Audio (Instagram preview March 20, 2015)
Even if you’ve never heard of the Guyatone Wah Rocker™, you’ve definitely heard it. A secret weapon of countless pros, this diminutive funk machine has been used by such luminaries as Guthrie Govan, Lenny Kravitz, Stevie Salas, David Torn, Bill Laswell, TM Stevens, Everlast, and Powerman 5000, just to name a few.
When Guyatone went out of business in 2013, demand for the Wah Rocker™ went through the roof, and so did the prices on the vintage market!
In an effort to bring the Funk to the masses, we’ve decided to resurrect the beloved “Duck Box” in an all-new, Totally Wycked Audio device.
Introducing, the TWA WR-03 Wah Rocker™!
Based on the original WR-3 circuit, the TWA Wah Rocker™ nails the squawky, slippery, super-funked-up filtering of the Guyatone version. Better yet, it also features several updates that greatly improve on its functionality and performance compared to the original.
In addition to the standard Threshold and Decay controls found on the original, the TWA WR-03 sports the following all-new features:
- Range Control – allows the user to adjust the overall frequency band in which the filter is sweeping. This allows for fine-tuning of the filter sweep without adjusting your playing dynamics.
- Gain Control – adjust the output level of the pedal from unity gain to a healthy boost. The original WR-3 could get lost in a dense mix – well, not anymore!
- Blend Control – Our version features a continuously variable Blend control rather than a Blend switch, allowing for a much beefier bottom-end and a wider variety of tones.
- Guitar/Bass Switch – an Added bonus, we built the sounds of the almost-as-legendary Bottom Wah Rocker™ into our pedal! Just flick the switch to get the same super-fat, low-end swamp enjoyed by Juan Alderete, Justin Chancellor (Tool), and Justin Meldal-Johnsen (Beck, NIN)!
The TWA Wah Rocker™ also features TWA’s proprietary S3™ “Shortest Send Switching” - a form of True Bypass that uses electronic relays combined with a mechanical switch. S3™ switching assures that the input signal travels the absolute shortest distance between input and output jacks, guaranteeing the most transparent bypass tone available.
Super-Funky, amazingly versatile, Totally Wycked – the TWA WR-03 brings the legendary sounds of the Wah Rocker™ back for everyone to enjoy and employ!!!
- (2015-03-20) TWA Wah Rocker® Protodemo by Rob Compa (Dopapod) by Godlyke
- (2015-03-20) TWA Wah Rocker® Protodemo by WilHelmus.! ([bassist at large]) by Godlyke
- (2015-04-09) TWA Wah Rocker Demo with Rob Compa by Godlyke
- (2015-04-16) TWA Bottom Wah Rocker demo with WilHelmus.! by Godlyke
- (2016-03-16) TWA Wah Rocker by popintothechemist
- (2016-03-17) Mike Hermans - TWA Wah Rocker® Demo by Godlyke
- (2016-03-24) TWA Wr?3 Wah Rocker by GuitarPlayer
- (2016-05-02) TWA Wah Rocker (Godlyke Dist.) on Guitar and Bass by JustNickMusic
- (2016-05-03) John Ferrara of Consider the Source playing with the #TWAPedals #WahRocker. Man if you don't know these guys you REALLY need to check it. #ConsiderTheSource #TheHallatMP #Brooklyn #JohnFerrara #Fodera #Hartke Fodera Guitars Hartke by Godlyke
- (2016-05-03) TWA WR-03 Wah Rocker® Envelope Filter by PedalOfTheDay
- (2016-05-06) TWA: Wah Rocker - Guitar & Bass demo by Burgerman666
- (2016-05-25) Upsidedown #WahRocker on Bass. Last one of the first run. #SlapBass #EnvelopeFilter as played by WilHelmus.! ([bassist at large]) by Godlyke
- (2016-07-21) TWA WAH ROCKER // ENVELOPE FILTER // BassTheWorld.com by BassTheWorld
- (2016-12-18) 12 Days of Pedals and Effects, Day 5: Wah Rocker by TWA by PedalsAndEffects
- (2017-01-05) TWA Wah Rocker Demo by shnobel