This pedal will ship with 2 JJ 12AX7 tubes pre-installed. However you can use any 12AX7, AU7, or AT7, you would like. If you feel like the pedal has too much gain for your playing style swap in an AU7, or AT7, into the the first tube slot (the slot closest to the input jack), for less gain. Blues players will love a 12AU7 in the first slot and a 12 AX7 in the second slot, for a lower gain warm, bluesy overdrive.
This pedal is based off of the Trainwreck Express amplifiers preamp section, it is not a clone of it, however I think you will find the tones of the pedal to be very close to the amp. This pedal is wired point to point, with no circuit boards in the audio path. This gives the best audio signal, and is true to how the original Express amps were built. (TSWpedals is in no way affiliated with Ken Fischer or Trainwreck amps)
The pedal features one global Gain control, a Master Volume for the Drive Channel and a Master Volume for the Boost section, as well as a full tone stack. The Master Volumes are extremely useful in obtaining the perfect volume level for each independent channel (Boost and Drive). This pedal features True Bypass. There is a Standby switch, which works just like the standby on a tube amp. It will preserve tube life, and must be switched to "Engage" to engage the pedal. The pedal will still give bypass signal even when in Standby mode. There is also switch to toggle between stock mode and fat mode. With "Fat" engaged you will get more bass response out of the pedal.
This pedal will include a 12 Volt DC, 1 amp, tip negative power supply. Please do not use any other power supply other than the one included as you will damage your pedal and void your warranty!
- (2012-07-24) Quick and Dirty Double Gun Distortion Demo Video! Telecaster into a Fender Prosonic. 2 Tung-Sol 12AX7's loaded into the pedal. by TSW Pedals
- (2012-07-26) Double Gun Tube Distortion pedal-TSWpedals-Tele tswpedals.com by TSW Pedals
- (2012-12-26) Cold shot- Double Gun Distortion- guitar cover by TSW Pedals
- (2013-05-17) Double Gun Distortion All Tube OD and Distortion-Strat tswpedals.com by TSW Pedals
- (2013-05-30) Double Gun Distortion Heavy Country Rhythm by TSW Pedals
- (2013-12-11) Double Gun Distortion as a Line Level Tube Preamp- TSWpedals.com by TSW Pedals
- (2014-02-19) Double Gun Tube Distortion-multiple gain test-TSWpedals.com by TSW Pedals
- (2015-01-21) Well in todays day and age, everyone wants what they want quickly. So TSWpedals does not want to be behind the curve. Here's 15 seconds with our Double Gun Tube Distortion pedal :) Enjoy and have a great day...btw take some time out to experience life. by TSW Pedals
- (2015-01-22) TSWPedals-Double Gun and Cowboy Power amp Chugga by TSW Pedals
- (2015-01-22) I was asked the question: How does the Double Gun sound with heavier rhythm tones with the gain turned up. Well our resident guitarist Matthew Thomas, stopped by the studio to answer that question. Their is no effects added at all, this is a complete d by TSW Pedals
- (2015-01-23) Ok this is per special request from one of our followers. He wanted to know what the Double Gun Tube Distortion sounded like on the clean setting through the Cowboy Tube Power amp with no effects 100% dry. So here goes ;) by TSW Pedals
- (2015-01-28) How about some Lil Wing, SRV style through my Double Gun Distortion set to light OD, with no effects. Let me know what you think of the tone. ;) The Cowboy Power amp is used as the Clean Tube Power amp running on one 6V6 through a Celestion Greenback 1X1 by TSW Pedals
- (2015-02-17) How about my Double Gun recorded direct through my Secret Weapon cabinet simulator. The gain is set at about 25% for light OD....no amp, no speaker, just Double Gun into cab sim with a tad of my verbal diarrhea reverb added to the signal. by TSW Pedals
- (2015-02-25) Cowboy Power amp with Double Gun set to low to med gain by TSW Pedals
- (2015-02-25) Double Gun Distortion clean setting (boost mode) through the Cowboy Power amp by TSW Pedals
- (2015-10-10) Double Gun Tube Distortion-Tiger Eye demo-TSWpedals by TSW Pedals