Keep that good thing going!
Right back to Hendrix and Carlos Santana, sustain has been a cornerstone of the classic rock sound, along with distortion, reverb and delays and modulation effects. The aim has always been to keep a good thing going – letting a single note, chord or even feedback tone play on, and on, and on...
Guitarists have used different methods for achieving that violin-like sustain effect – from holding their guitar up close to their amp, to using complicated neck-mounted contraptions to generate feedback along the strings.
Now, T-Rex has put it all in a single, easy-to-use pedal.
Compression + Gain = T-Rex sustain
The T-Rex Sustainer gives you a gorgeous, natural-sounding sustain effect for soloing, long-lasting power chords or soaring feedback effects. It’s a simple pedal that works by first compressing and limiting the signal from your guitar, and then applying gain to keep your tone playing.
For T-Rex, music always starts with you – the unique, individual, one-of-a-kind sound you get from your guitar, amp and effects. So we’ve made sure that Sustainer preserves your tone while sustaining it, without adding artificial colouring.
- (2011-03-01) NAMM '11 - T-Rex Effects Reptile 2 Delay, Twister 2 Chorus/Flanger & New ToneBug Demos by Premier Guitar
- (2011-05-11) T-Rex ToneBug Sustainer.mov by T-Rex Engineering
- (2011-05-25) T-Rex Tonebug Sustainer Pedal: Like Cialis For Solos (Video) by GearWire
- (2011-06-30) The T-Rex Tonebug Sustainer by Westside Distribution
- (2011-07-19) T-REX TONEBUG SUSTAINER by Goldmusicsrl