When guitarists in the early â€™60s started experimenting with distortion, it took rock music to a whole new level. The earliest attempts were crude, with some guitarists even slitting their amp speakers to get a â€œfuzzyâ€ sound. But amplifier makers eventually figured out how â€œoverdriveâ€ a main amp with a hot signal from a preamp to bring true distortion to the world of rock.
Tonebug Distortion is a phenomenal-sounding pedal that delivers gobs of rich, tubey-sounding distortion youâ€™ll recognise instantly as a fundamental ingredient of classic guitar rock. And it couldnâ€™t be easier to use. A simple Gain knob lets you choose how dirty you want to get, while a Tone knob lets you tune the timbre of your distortion â€“ from a muted bluesy crunch to a searing wail thatâ€™ll slice through anything in its way.
Like our Tonebug Reverb and Overdrive pedals, Tonebug Distortion delivers the same legendary T-Rex tone thatâ€™s made our top-end products a fixture on the pedal boards of guitar greats around the world (see our website for recent T-Rex sightings). That, combined with cool retro design and rugged constr tion, makes Tonebug Distortion a pedal you just wonâ€™t want to play without.
- (2010-03-21) ToneBug Distortion_Perry Stenbäck.mov by T-Rex Engineering
- (2010-12-31) T-Rex Effects Tonebugs: Phaser and Distortion by Burgerman666
- (2011-04-01) T-Rex Tonebug Distortion Introduced, Demo'd (Video) by GearWire
- (2011-07-05) T-Rex Tonebug Distortion by Westside Distribution
- (2011-07-19) T-REX TONEBUG DISTORTION by Goldmusicsrl
- (2011-10-12) T-Rex Tonebug Distortion by arielpozzo
- (2012-05-02) T-Rex Tone Bug Distortion by lynchsandman