T-Rex / Guitar Center press release
September 1, 2011 - T-Rex Engineering, the Danish guitar effects pedal manufacturer, in partnership with Guitar Center's Director of Merchandise, Barry Mitchell, announce Tap Tone, the second of a series of four new pedals which will be available exclusively at Guitar Center stores and online at www.guitarcenter.com.
Tap Tone ($169.99) is featured in Guitar Center's September Buyer's Guide. Tap Tone features the warm, analog-sounding delay that has become a hallmark of classic T-Rex tone. In addition to rotary DELAY, FEEDBACK, and TIME controls, the pedal boasts a TAP footswitch which allows you to remain conveniently in sync, on the fly, without having to make manual adjustments. Additionally, a BITE control lets you dial in a sexy overdrive edge to any setting.
T-Rex Effects is proud to introduce our TAP TONE delay. With TAP TONE, we wanted to create the world’s most musical delay – one that works more like a musical instrument than an effects box. How did we do it? By marrying tap-tempo control with legendary T-Rex tone.
Consider the possibilities...
Tap tempo – or the ability to control the tempo of your delay by tapping a button with your foot while you play – is what separates the men from the boys in the world of delay pedals. It gives you ultimate control of your delay on stage by letting you match the speed of your delay effect to the tempo of every new song you play – without ever missing a beat.
A TAP TONE delay on your pedal board will open up a whole new world of possibilities, where in-sync delay becomes part of the music you make on stage.
Wicked-sounding bite control
When you add a TAP TONE delay to your rig, you also get that gorgeous, tubey warmth that T-Rex pedals are famous for. TAP TONE delivers an amazing analog sound at any setting, but we also wanted to let you tune the tone of your delay. TAP TONE’s BITE control does just that – it lets you put a nice dirty edge on your delayed repetitions to mimic the funky tape delays of the 60s and 70s.
If you’re looking for a delay that combines phenomenal sound with ultimate control, try the TAP TONE DELAY at your local Guitar Center. We bet you’ll love it.
- (1970-01-01) T-Rex Tap Tone_YT version.mov by T-Rex Engineering
- (2011-09-07) T-Rex Effects Tap Tone delay by T-Rex Engineering
- (2011-11-08) Warner Hodges & T-Rex Tap Tone by T-Rex Engineering
- (2012-03-04) T-Rex Tap Tone Delay Demo by Effects Bay
- (2014-03-04) T-Rex Engineering Tap Tone Delay Effects Pedal Demo by GuitarCenterTV
- (2015-09-27) T-Rex Effects Tap Tone Delay by PedalOfTheDay
- (2012-03-04) T-Rex Tap Tone Delay Demo by EffectsBay
- (2012-09-10) T-Rex Tap Tone Delay (short, mid and long delay times various settings of bite) by Premier Guitar