Ever wonder why T-Rex Effects has launched so many distortion pedals over the years? And why they all deliver such rich, exquisite-sounding drive, and yet all sound so unique? Well, the second question answers the first. We keep giving the world distortion pedals because there are a thousand shades of drive, and no one pedal can capture them all.
Double distortion, built to melt metal
The T-Rex Mean Machine is a double distortion pedal that takes the spirit of early amplifier hot-rodding and then multiplies it by as much as you want. You’ve got two channels, each with its own LEVEL, DRIVE and TONE controls, and that’s it. Like a screaming vintage hot rod that’s pared down to the bare essentials.
The green wording does not stand for “environmentally friendly”
The word “mean” might appear in green on the top of your Mean Machine, but watch out – this pedal is red hot. There’s no easing up from clean to crunch to distort. Hit the ON switch even with drive at zero, and you’ll burn rubber. Turn up the gain and you’ll smoke every other player in town, with a gorgeous tight distortion and the most musical feedback you’ve ever heard.
We know we’ve said it before – and we’ve always meant it, too. But with the T-Rex Mean Machine, we truly believe we have created the best distortion pedal that has ever been made. Take it for a test drive at your local music store. And don’t forget your helmet.
- (2012-07-18) T-REX MEAN MACHINE by Goldmusicsrl
- (2012-09-04) T-Rex Mean Machine by Westside Distribution
- (2012-09-19) MEAN MACHINE by Sylvestre ETIENNE by Etienne Sylvestre
- (2012-09-28) T-REX Mean Machine Double Distortion Pedal Review & Giveaway - GearUP on TMNtv! by TMNtv
- (2012-11-17) T Rex Mean Machine Double Distortion by Alright Reviews
- (2012-12-31) T-Rex : MEAN MACHINE & ROOM MATE JR. by Burgerman666