Smog is a fuzz pedal based on the 'Bosstone'.
It was originally a plug-in style effect from the late 60's but is configured into a pedal format.
It can produce a good variety sounds ranging from overdrive-like through to smooth, thick fuzz with some sag and cool pick attack.
The simple layout is as easy as you get:
- LOUD : Volume.
- FUZZ : Amount of Fuzz.
- Jordan 1000 Boss Tone
- Mahoney Boss Tone (same circuit, parts AND housing!)
- Mahoney Boss Tone Pedal (pedal version)
- Animal Factory Amplification Baron Samedi - Fuzz
- Axis Research Jordan Tone Mirror
- Diabolical Devices Spacematic Fuzz
- Edwards FUZzz (vintage clone)
- General Guitar Gadgets Jordan Bosstone Replica
- Hilton Electronics Hil-Tone
- Homebrew Electronics Lorba Fuzz
- Monsterpiece Fuzz Angry Dick 2000
- North Effects The Boss
- REDesign Micro Buzz
- REDesign Vintage Fuzz
- Voodoo Lab Bosstone
- Voodoo Lab Super Fuzz (name probably changed after complaints from Roland)