We have had many requests for a clean-to-medium overdrive pedal so, we took our overdrive circuit from the ToneCandy Skull pedal and created a new pedal. It produces slight early breakup with more clean headroom, to a smooth medium gain distortion. It is transparent with a touch of mid-lows and a plexi feel. Listen to the Skull sound samples in the overdrive mode.
Vintage Guitar Magazine says "The pedal offered a transparent, crunchy overdrive that's fairly touch sensitive and very musical, with no irritating overtone. The Tone control is subtle, but functional, as you can gently roll off the high end without making it sound muddy or losing attack. The O-Drive control dials in anything from a light overdrive to a moderately thick distortion." It sounds the same at gig volume as it does in a small room at low volume without losing any bottom.
- Volume and Tone Controls - Control the overall volume and tone without loosing fatness when at lower volume.
- O-Drive Control - Adds desired amount of distortion
- Foot Switch - True Bypass
- LEDS - LED circuit that is not in the signal path so it will not suck tone.
- Power - 9-volt DC battery or input jack 2.1mm
- Double sided epoxy laminate circuit board with identical traces on both sides to insure a solid connection, made in the USA
- Top Quality Parts
- Metal case, metal Neutrik jacks, and metal potentiometers. Almost bullet proof
- Amp Like Sensitivity
- All ToneCandy pedals have amp like touch sensitivity and they clean up when you turn down your guitar volume control.
- Hand Crafted
- Each pedal is hand soldered with pre-tested top quality components for long lasting durability. No machines are used in the assembly process and every step of construction is inspected thoroughly.
The pedal circuit is a 3 stage class A analog preamp using discrete components. There are no digital chips or opamps in this circuit. I use top quality FET transistors, capacitors and resistors to shape the tone for each preamp stage.
- (2013-07-04) ToneCandy Sugar Rush Lead by ToneCandy
- (2013-07-11) ToneCandy Sugar Rush Pedal with clean to early breakup by ToneCandy