The RIPPER is my recreation of the classic Ibanez Standard Fuzz from the late 60’s. Works great with bass or guitar. It's a nasty upper octave fuzz similar to the univox super fuzz which gives you ripping lead notes and messed up mushy chords.
- LEVEL: Controls the volume of the effect.
- FUZZ: Controls the amount of fuzz.
- CLIP: Changes the clipping diodes in the circuit. The down position puts two old stock germanium diodes into the circuit for classic “Standard Fuzz” tones that are super mushy and dirty. The up position puts two modern 1N914 silicone diodes in for louder, open, more chord friendly tones
- TONE: changes between two overal tones. scooped mids like a muff, and boosted mids for octavia-ish fuzz.
This pedal is true bypass and works with normal boss style negative center 9V power supplies. There is no battery option.
This pedal was hand made by myself all the way down to the design of the circuit board. I used NOS parts for the transistors and diodes, as well as high quality switches and pots.
- (2015-01-06) TOMKAT RIPPER FUZZ by Tomkat Pedals
- (2015-02-12) Tomkat RIPPER vintage 60's super fuzz salute demo with Kingbee Tele by Gearmanndude
- (2015-09-29) #Repost @coastsonic with @repostapp. ??? A quick taste of the @tomkatpedals Ripper Octave fuzz on the germanium diodes setting. Just a small sample of the tones this beast of a fuzz is capable of. Shop TomKat Ripper: bit.ly/1YKWIyR by Tomkat Pedals
- (2016-05-17) Awesome little clip of the Ripper. #Repost @fuzzechodreams ??? More of the "Ripper" by @tomkatpedals by Tomkat Pedals
- Bruno Fuzz Machine
- Antoria Fuzz Machine
- Aria Diamond FP-1 Fuzz
- Ibanez 59 Standard Fuzz
- Lord Fuzz Machine
- Mac-Tone MF-2 Fuzz Machine
- Marlboro Wailer (PCB: FP-1)
- Mica Fuzz Machine
- Northland Fuzz Machine
- Teisco Fuzz
- Bruno Wau Wau Machine
- Bruno Wau Wau Fuzz
- Aria Diamond WFP-1 Wah-Fuzz (PCB: WFP-1)
- Electra Wah Fuzz
- Elk Wau Fuzz (PCB: Maxon)
- Excetro Wau Wau Fuzz
- Guyatone FS-5 Wah-Fuzz
- Ibanez 58 Standard Wau Fuzz (PCB: WFP-1)
- Lord Wah-Fuzz
- Luxor Wah-Fuzz (by Maxon) (PCB: WFP-1)
- Mica Wau Wau Fuzz
- Mica Wau Wau Wailer
- Pax Pedal Number One (PCB: WFP-1)
- Selmer Wau Wau Fuzz (PCB: WFP-1)