In the Spring of 1977, millions of music fans rushed home to throw the new Heart album "Little Queen" on their record players. What they heard was one of the most explosive and powerful guitar riffs in the history of Rock & Roll.
The men playing that riff were Howard Leese & Roger Fisher, and the magic behind that sound was a custom-made analog flanger unit. Working closely with Howard Leese, ToadWorks has created an authentic, accurate emulation of the original custom-made flanger used on the 1977 smash-hit "Barracuda".
ToadWorks USA is proud to announce the Winner of the coveted Guitar Player Magazine Editor's Pick Award, the Howard Leese Signature Model analog flanger, Barracuda ®
ToadWorks Barracuda ® is a modern take on the analog BBD flanger. Using currently available components, ToadWorks has created a sonically superior reproduction of the original unit, with none of the hassle associated with obsolete parts.
One of the most significant improvements is the stereo output. When used in mono mode, the top output jack provides the famous flanger sound you know and love. Inserting a plug into the bottom output jack splits the signal for stereo reproduction, creating a aural phenomenon that cannot be duplicated with a mono sound source.
Barracuda ® is designed for use with an Expression Pedal - Connecting the Expression Pedal to the Exp. Pedal jack will disable the LFO, and the expression pedal becomes a manual sweep controller.
The switch turns the effect on and off, the Level knob controls the signal strength, the Depth knob controls the amount of effect present in the signal, the Regen knob controls the amount of signal regeneration, and the Rate knob increses/decreases the speed.
Barracuda ® features a true-bypass circuit, keeping your tone crystal clear when bypassed. Each pedal is carefully manufactured by hand, using only the finest components.
ToadWorks Barracuda ® is the ONLY production effect pedal that is designed to reproduce the unique flanger sounds featured on the 1977 Heart classic "Barracuda".
The circuit is a modern interpretation of the original custom unit, with a few exciting changes:
- Designed around modern components
- Stereo Output
- Manual sweep control via an Expression Pedal
- Addition of Level and Depth controls
- Uses 9V DC power
- Improved noise floor
- Superior construction
As with all ToadWorks effect pedals, Barracuda ® is wired for true-bypass.
Barracuda ® is hand wired, by people, not machines. From our high quality 3PDT switches to the custom made enclosures and knobs, each component is the finest available, making ToadWorks pedals the most well-built and reliable effect pedals in the world.
- (2010-07-08) Tom Quayle plays the ToadWorks Barracuda - NAMM 2010 by Toadworks
- (2010-07-08) ToadWorks Barracuda Video Demo by Toadworks
- (2010-07-08) ToadWorks Barracuda Demo by Toadworks
- (2010-10-23) Toadworks Barracuda Flanger Demo by Fernando Gabriel
- (2011-10-27) Earthbound Audio Beast - Toadworks Barracuda - DMB Lunar Echo - Guitar Demo by MrExcane
- (2011-12-21) ToadWorks demo of the EP1-TB Expression Pedal from Mission Engineering #1 by Toadworks
- (2012-01-10) Barracuda VII LOL by Toadworks
- (2014-02-14) 2014 Barracuda Prototype by Toadworks
- (2015-01-28) Laser Etching the Barracuda Faceplates by Toadworks
- (2015-02-10) ToadWorks Barracuda Final Assembly - time lapse by Toadworks