The MUFFROOM CLOUD is now known as FALLOUT CLOUD, new name, same incredible sound/circuit.
I was asked to create the FALLOUT CLOUD by a number of vintage pedal enthusiasts I know. They were after a Triangle era style pedal that would work with a variety of guitars (Humbucker and single coils including P90's) and amps and be bombproof so it could be gigged. The brief was simple, make a triangle era Fuzz that could beat their original 1971 Triangle fuzz pedals when placed head to head.
The brief was simple, the task was not, however after many prototypes and a bit of lateral thinking the FALLOUT CLOUD was born. This pedal has the ability to beat any four transistor fuzz you have heard (including the best vintage units). By adjusting the perfectly voiced EQ you can achieve fuzz tones from silky smooth through to doom-laden whilst maintain the ability to cut through.
Internally the pedal is immaculately built using premium 1% metal film resistors, Wima and Panasonic capacitors, and Neutrik jacks. These are the crème de la crème of the electronics world and when coupled with a robust gold plated PCB and dust sealed potentiometers the recipe is as good as it can possibly be.
Size: (W)70mm x(L)145mm x(H)60mm =(2.75"x5.7"x2.36") designed to fit perfectly across two Pedaltrain spars.
- (2016-08-18) ThorpyFX Fallout Cloud with Mike Hermans by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2016-10-01) Thorpy FX FALLOUT CLOUD fuzz of custom toned Triangle love... by Gearmanndude
- (2016-10-21) This ROCKS #Repost @rubenroeh with @repostapp ??? Teaser for the new @thorpyfx #falloutcloud demo - find the full video in my bio! by Thorpy FX
- (2016-11-06) Ariel Posen (Bros Landreth Band) playing through the ThorpyFX Fallout Cloud by Thorpy FX
- (2016-11-07) ThorpyFX Fallout Cloud demo by GuitaristMag
- (2016-11-15) NYC Big Muff Vs Thorpy FX Fallout Cloud / Muffroom Cloud by Tate FX