The Roto Choir effect from Tech 21 celebrates the swirling glory of a vintage rotating speaker cabinet. With its specifically formulated SansAmp technology, it delivers the entire signal chain, from the original tube power amp to the low-frequency speaker and high-frequency horn, to the microphone used to capture it. This studio-quiet, road-worthy pedal can be used with guitar as well as keyboards, synths, and vocals, and to record direct.
The Roto Choir features a Fast/Slow footswitch which allows you to ramp up, slow down, or even stop the rotating speaker. There’s a dedicated Top Speed control to custom set the rotor speed and a Position control to adjust the virtual mic closer to or further from the horns. Other controls include Drive to adjust the amount of compression, harmonics and grit, active dual-band EQ, and Level. The Biamped switch allows you to change to single speaker mode and there’s a Speaker Sim switch for direct recording. Stereo output, buffered bypass, and a silent-switching, custom footswitch actuator completes the package.
- (2011-01-07) Roto Choir Dirty by Tech 21 Character series
- (2011-02-25) NAMM '11 - Tech 21 Roto Choir and Boost Chorus Demos by Premier Guitar
- (2011-06-03) Roto Choir Clean by Tech 21 Character series
- (2011-06-07) Tech 21 RotoChoir by PalleSchultz
- (2011-07-23) Tech 21: ROTO CHOIR (PRS to HIWATT SA112) by Burgerman666
- (2011-08-03) Tech 21 Roto Choir Guitar Pedal by MusicToyz
- (2011-09-02) Tech 21 Rotochoir in 100 Seconds by docSanchezFX
- (2011-11-16) Tech 21 Boost Chorus & RotoChoir im Test auf MusikMachen.de by musikmachenDE
- (2011-12-05) Tech 21 Roto Choir by Tech 21
- (2012-01-19) Tech 21 Roto Choir Rotary Speaker Emulator by NstuffMusic
- (2012-02-28) Tech 21 Roto Choir Demo by Fernando Gabriel
- (2014-08-04) Tech 21 Rotochoir wit the Electro Harmonix B9 by Tech 21 Character series
- (2014-08-19) Tech 21 Roto Choir with EHX B9 Organ Machine by Tech 21
- (2015-11-08) Tech 21 Boost Chorus & RotoChoir im Test by musikmachenDE