Tech 21 Introduces the Bass Fly Rig
Following the overwhelming reception of the Fly Rig 5 and Richie Kotzen RK5 Signature Fly Rig amongst guitar players, Tech 21 now offers the Bass Fly Rig. Weighing just over 20 oz. and measuring 12.5 inches long, the Bass Fly Rig is overflowing with tonal variety and features.
In the sound department, there is the indispensable SansAmp with switchable Pre/Post Boost, a compressor, chorus, and a re-invented dynamic filter, octaver and fuzz section. The Bass Fly Rig also includes a chromatic tuner, headphone capability, XLR output, and 1/4-inch 4.7megOhm/10k Ohm padded input to deliver the full sound of piezos.
With the functionality of a full arsenal, the Bass Fly Rig is an easily transportable alternative to getting rich, expressive combinations you can use for any gig --whether it’s around the corner or across the pond, whether the backline is top-drawer or bottom shelf. It's also the perfect instant back-up rig when your gear suddenly goes down.
Starting with your favorite vintage and modern tube amp tones, the all-analog SansAmp section contains Tech 21’s unique Character control. It sweeps through decades of squeaky clean, warm break-up, and snarly grinding tones. A switchable Pre/Post Boost interacts with the SansAmp section to beef up drive and distortion or increase the overall volume to punch up fills and solos. COMP, for compression, utilizes old school, all-analog, FET-based technology, which is inherently warmer, more transparent and more musical. OCTAFILTER brings in an entirely new pallette of expression with a crazy amount of possibilities, from Minimoog®-style synth to funky town. The controls interact so that you can get dynamically-filtered clean, fuzz, or octave, as well as octave and fuzz together.
When Q is at minimum, Range becomes a high-cut tone filter for different versions of clean, fuzz, octave, and octave and fuzz together. You can then blend any of these combinations with your direct signal via the Mix control. And by bringing in some COMP, you can get infinite sustain like a keyboard bass. A pitch shift chorus section completes the Bass Fly Rig to add thickness and space.
The Bass Fly Rig is like having an all-inclusive, stress-free vacation in a rugged, all-metal housing that will easily fit in your gig bag or backpack. There are illuminated mini-controls to show active status, an included power supply and studio-grade, metal footswitches and jacks. With the Bass Fly Rig, no arena is too large and no stage is too small. It has virtually everything you need and nothing you don’t. Just grab it and go.
- (2016-01-21) Tech 21 Bass Fly Rig - New at NAMM 2016 Preview by Tech 21
- (2016-01-22) [NAMM] Tech 21 Bass Fly Rig by Audiofanzine
- (2016-01-24) NAMM '16 - Tech 21 Bass Fly Rig Demo by Premier Guitar
- (2016-01-25) NAMM 2016 - Tech 21 Bass Fly Rig by guitarworld
- (2016-01-27) Winter NAMM 2016: Tech 21 Bass Fly Rig by Sweetwater Sound
- (2016-01-27) NAMM 2016: Tech 21 Bass Fly Rig by SessionMusicTV
- (2016-01-27) Tech 21 Bass Fly Rig Walk Through & Demo at Namm 2016 by StompboxTV
- (2016-06-23) Tech 21 Bass Fly Rig: Octa Section by Tech 21
- (2016-06-23) Tech 21 Bass Fly Rig: Filter Comparison by Tech 21
- (2016-06-23) Tech 21 Bass Fly Rig: Octaver Comparison by Tech 21
- (2016-06-23) Tech 21 Bass Fly Rig: Fuzz Comparison by Tech 21
- (2016-06-24) Tech 21 Bass Fly Rig: Overdrive/Boost by Tech 21
- (2016-06-30) Tech 21 Bass Fly Rig: Rush-style by Tech 21
- (2016-07-18) Tech 21 Bass Fly Rig Preamp, DI, Kompressor, Verzerrer, Octaver, Filter & Chorus für E-Bass by SessionMusicTV
- (2016-10-04) Tech 21 Bass Fly Rig by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2016-10-06) Tech 21 NYC: Bass Fly Rig® by Burgerman666
- (2016-10-10) Tech 21 Bass Fly Rig by Tech 21
- (2016-10-11) All About The Bass - Tech 21 Sansamp Bass Fly Rig by AndertonsMusic
- (2017-01-10) Tech 21 Bass Fly Rig Review by iguitarmag