Analog Reverb Emulator with Clean Boost. Now with Trails.
Tech 21 brings a fresh perspective to the standard reverb pedal. By incorporating a clean Boost function, up to 9dB, your solos will jump out with greater dimension. The Boost R.V.B. is designed with user-tweakable, “lo-fi” analog technology. By manipulating the controls, you can infuse degrees of warmth and life characteristic of vintage reverbs. The circuitry intentionally injects the inherent imperfections of vintage units, which is what makes them so seductive and nostalgic. A single, continuously-variable Time control provides a full sweep of size. The Boost R.V.B. parameters are engineered so that you can explore and custom tailor such reverb styles as spring, plate and natural room/hall ambiance.
- Uniquely combines reverb and clean boost, up to 9dB, in one pedal.
- Custom tailor a wide variety of reverb styles, such as spring, plate and natural room/hall ambiance.
- Highly sensitive controls provide a broader range of tweakability and maximum flexibility.
- 100% analog Mix, Feedback, Tone and Level controls for warm, organic sounds.
- Continuously-variable Time control.
- Rumble control contours the low-end of reverb.
- Mix control ranges from 100% dry to 100% wet.
- 1megOhm high-impedance 1/4” input, same as traditional tube amplifiers.
- 1kOhm low-impedance 1/4” output drives long cables without loss of signal integrity, even in bypass.
- Custom, silent-switching actuator.
- Trails works in conjunction with bypass and allows the signal to decay naturally rather than cutting it off abruptly.
- Buffered bypass eliminates the shortcomings associated with “true bypass” (pops and clicks, and high-end loss when multiple pedals are connected together), as well as signal loss associated with other types of switching circuits.
- Heavy duty, all metal construction.
- Operable with 9V alkaline battery (not included) or optional DC power supply (Tech 21 Model #DC2).
Tech 21 press release (June 19, 2012)
Tech 21’s Boost RVB Undergoes Update and Makeover
Tech 21 has updated their Boost RVB analog reverb emulator pedal, changing the former Rumble control to Modulation. This gently modulates the pre-delay of the reverb for additional dimensionality.
With the recent expansion of their Boost Series pedals, Tech 21 has also changed the look of the Boost RVB to complement the line. The Boost RVB features a clean Boost function for up to 9dB of added volume. With boost and reverb in a single pedal, solos jump out of the mix. Designed with user-tweakable, “lo-fi” analog technology, you can manipulate the controls to infuse degrees of warmth and life characteristic of vintage reverbs. This circuitry intentionally injects the inherent imperfections of vintage units, which is what makes them so seductive and nostalgic.
A single, continuously-variable Time control provides a full sweep of size from short to long. Mix (ranging from 100% dry to 100% wet), Feedback, Tone and Level controls are 100% analog for authentic, organic sounds. When switching into bypass mode, the Trails function allows the reverb signal to decay naturally, rather than stopping abruptly.
The Boost RVB is engineered so the user can explore and custom tailor such reverb styles as spring, plate and natural room/hall ambiance. Other features include 1megOhm high-impedance 1/4” input, 1kOhm low-impedance 1/4” output, custom silent-switching actuator, sturdy metal construction. Operable with 9V alkaline battery (not included) or optional DC power supply (Tech 21 Model #DC2). Designed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
- (2011-02-17) Tech 21 Boost RVB Reverb Pedal Demo by Fat Tone Guitars
- (2011-06-02) Tech 21 Boost RBV w/trails Demo Reverb by GuitarGearComMx
- (2012-08-03) Tech 21 Boost R.V.B. Reverb Effects Pedal Demo - Sweetwater Sound by Sweetwater Sound
- (2013-11-18) Tech 21 RVB pedal by Tech 21 Character series
- (2013-11-21) Tech 21 Boost RVB Pedal by Tech 21