Analog Delay Emulator with Clean Boost
Tech 21 brings a fresh perspective to the standard delay pedal. By incorporating a clean Boost function, up to 9dB, your solos will jump out with greater dimension. The Boost D.L.A. is designed with user-tweakable, “lo-fi” analog technology. By manipulating the controls, you can infuse degrees of warmth and life characteristic of vintage delays. The circuitry intentionally injects the inherent imperfections of vintage units, which is what makes them so seductive and nostalgic. A single, continuously-variable Time control provides a full sweep, up to 1000 milliseconds, of delay. The Boost D.L.A. parameters are engineered so that you can explore and custom tailor such delay styles as digital, vintage tape and bucket brigade.
Tech 21’s Boost D.L.A. with Tap Tempo offers an abundance of easy-to-use, intuitive controls in an incredibly compact pedal -- and it’s battery operable, to boot. All of the features are truly useful, not simply a bunch of clever ploys that are overkill and that you’ll rarely, if ever, have a need or desire for.
With Tap Tempo, Triplets and Trails, you can go to the edge of sanity or completely off the wall.
- Individual footswitch dedicated solely for Tap Tempo function avoids confusion during your performance. It gives you the ability to set it, even when it’s off, which aids coordination with your drummer.
- Triplets works in conjunction with the Tap Tempo. Engaged, it shifts the timing so triplets play in sync with the actual tempo.
- Trails works in conjunction with bypass and allows the natural decay of the delay signal rather than cutting it off abruptly.
- Feedback control has greater sensitivity and can be thrown into a state of self-oscillation. It’s great for gigs when the Klingons are in town.
- Uniquely combines delay and clean boost, up to 9dB, in one pedal.
- Custom tailor a wide variety of delay styles, such as digital, tape and bucket brigade.
- Highly sensitive controls provide a broader range of tweakability and maximum flexibility.
- 100% analog Mix, Feedback, Tone and Level controls for warm, organic sounds.
- Up to 1000 milliseconds of continuously-variable delay time.
- Flutter introduces modulation which adds a slight shimmering/chorus-like effect of a vintage tape echo.
- Mix control ranges from 100% dry to 100% wet.
- 1megOhm high-impedance 1/4” input, same as traditional tube amplifiers.
- 1kOhm low-impedance 1/4” output drives long cables without loss of signal integrity, even in bypass.
- Custom, silent-switching actuator.
- Buffered bypass eliminates the shortcomings associated with “true bypass” (pops and clicks, and high-end loss when multiple pedals are connected together), as well as signal loss associated with other types of switching circuits.
- Heavy duty, all metal construction.
- Operable with 9V alkaline battery (not included) or optional DC power supply (Tech 21 Model #DC2).
Tech 21 press release (November 26, 2012)
Tech 21's Boost DLA Undergoes Makeover and Several Updates
Tech 21 has made several updates to their Boost DLA analog delay emulator pedal, including changing the former Flutter control to Tape Drift. Rather than evenly modulating the delayed signal, Tape Drift adds a random, unpredictable element which is more true to a vintage tape echo. Additionally, Triplets has become Dotted 8th. When engaged, it shifts the timing from 1/4-note mode to play back in dotted eighth notes for achieving those distinctive Pink Floyd/U2-style sounds.
With the recent expansion of their Boost Series pedals, Tech 21 has also changed the look of the Boost DLA to complement the line. All other main features remain intact: Dedicated Tap Tempo function footswitch; clean Boost function for up to 9dB of added volume; a single, continuously-variable
Time control with a smooth, full sweep of delay up to 1,000 milliseconds; Trails to allow the natural decay of the delay signal rather than cutting it off abruptly; and Feedback which can be thrown into a state of self-oscillation --great for gigs when the Klingons are in town. Mix, Feedback, Fidelity (formerly designated as "Tone") and Level controls are 100% analog for authentic, organic sounds --and no latency.
The Boost DLA is engineered so the user can explore and custom tailor such delay styles as vintage tape, bucket brigade as well as digital. Designed with user-tweakable, "lo-fi" analog technology, you can manipulate the controls to infuse degrees of warmth and life characteristic of vintage delays. This circuitry intentionally injects the inherent imperfections of vintage units, which is what makes them so seductive and nostalgic.
Other features include 1megOhm high-impedance 1/4" input, 1kOhm low-impedance 1/4" output, custom silent-switching actuator, sturdy metal construction. Operable with 9V alkaline battery (not included) or optional DC power supply (Tech 21 Model #DC2). Designed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
- (2009-07-27) Tech 21 Pedal Showcase - British Sansamp , Boost D.L.A. (with Tap Tempo) + More by Tone Factor
- (2009-08-10) Tech 21 Boost D.L.A. w/ Tap Tempo, Triplets & Trails by Bobby D ! by Tone Factor
- (2010-02-01) Tech 21-SansAmp GT2 with Boost DLA & RVB by Tech 21
- (2013-11-15) Tech 21 Boost DLA Pedal by Tech 21
- (2014-03-11) Tech 21 Boost D.L.A. v2 by FuzzvilleMusicstore