TC Electronic Smorgasbord of Tones
As far as versatile and ubiquitous effects go, an overdrive emulating a pushed tube amp is number one.
El Mocambo will fatten up your tone with some extra girth around the waist, giving you that highly sought-after mid-range "oomph" that cuts through the mix when your band is pushing decibels.
This particular gritty mid-range honk gives the guitar a certain vocal quality that is ideal for a singing blues solo but also works formidably in a hard rock setting as a lead boost on top of an already overdriven sound.
- Vintage all-analog overdrive
- True Bypass
- Built like a tank
A Mountain of Mids
El Mocambo Overdrive features a distinct mid-range boost when engaged. This can help warm up a tone that's a bit too jangly to cut through a loud rhythm section and also gives a certain vocal quality to a lead guitar sound.
With its symmetrical clipping overdrive circuit, the harmonic saturation is very fluid and musical sounding.
Boost Into Epic Solo-Mode
With plenty of gain and boost on tap, El Mocambo can be tailored to work in almost any setting.
From just a bit of push to your preamp and a subtle warmth to your tone to a screaming overdrive with singing sustain and girth, El Mocambo gets you there.
From blistering Texas blues, soulful pop ballads to classic rock riffs - El Mocambo fits right in.
Built for the road
Made from a sturdy metal housing, this all-analog overdrive will last for years and years without losing that warm tube saturation tone.
Top mounted jacks are convenient and ingenious way to save pedal board space and keeps cable clutter to a minimum and true bypass keeps your signal nice and clean.
Backstage Pass â€“ All Access
3-knob overdrives aren't exactly riddles but letâ€™s just run through the controls for good measure.
- Drive - Controls the amount of overdrive and sustain you get. Thereâ€™s enough gain for classic rock if you turn it way up while lower settings yield fat bluesy tones on the verge of breaking up.
- Level - Controls the volume of the signal. Pro tip: turn Level all the way up and turn down Drive until you reach the volume you want. After that, you can turn down Level a bit and increase Drive if you need more sustain and saturation.
- Tone - Boosts highs and cuts lows when you turn it right, cuts highs and boosts lows when you turn it left.
- True Bypass - If you're not using it, you shouldn't be hearing it. Our high quality true bypass circuit keeps your signal squeaky clean.
- Old school tube-style overdrive
- All-analog symmetrical clipping circuitry
- Smooth and warm overdrive with singing sustain
- True bypass
- Top-mounted I/O
- Compact but roadworthy design
- Highly affordable
- Runs on 9V battery or optional PSU
- Power consumption: 9V DC and 10mA
- (2017-11-02) El Mocambo Overdrive - Official Product Video by TC Electronic
- (2017-11-14) El Mocambo vs Vemuram Jan Ray vs Pettyjohn Iron by TC Electronic