TC Electronic press release (October 31, 2011)
TC Electronic Announces the Ultimate High-gain Guitar Pedal – Röttweiler Distortion
From classic power metal over ultra-tight thrash riffs to a complete riot of unleashed power, this pedal is the ultimate one-stop station for all things heavy!
Röttweiler Distortion goes the extra mile and delivers an unparalleled sound that will inspire any hard rock and metal guitarist to be shredding and riffing for days. In fact, Röttweiler Distortion has been designed specifically to capture the tone and true feel of raw power that only a high-gain tube amp used to be able to deliver. The all-analog design features a unique distortion circuit based on soft clipping – just like real tube amps – for an extremely authentic response and tone. Now, it’s possible to get that bone-crushing sound through virtually any amp by hooking up a Röttweiler Distortion.
Röttweiler Distortion is voiced to burn through any mix. A classic stompbox problem in this hardcore setting is a tendency to get ‘lost in the mix’. Typically, these pedals sound great on their own, but once the band starts playing, they become less convincing. This is not the case with Röttweiler Distortion as it has been designed with live performances in mind – not just for home practicing!
Whether the ideal is power metal or tight-chugging thrash, Röttweiler will deliver at the flick of a switch. The ‘Voice’ toggle switch allows for choosing between two midrange voicings, instantly going from classic hard rock to full-on death metal. Also, the two tone controls, Treble and Bass, let users fine-tune their guitar tone to whatever their needs and wants might be in a matter of seconds.
Röttweiler Distortion – More Is More!
Available: November, 2011
Price: US$129 MSRP / €119 SSP
Röttweiler Distortion Main Features:
- Extreme High-gain Distortion – More Is More
- Turns ANY Amp into a Cranked Metal Stack
- Two-band Active EQ – Separate Bass and Treble Controls
- Voice Switch – Cuts Through any Mix
- True Bypass – Zero Loss of Tone
- Unique One-screw Battery Access – Lightning Fast Battery Changes
- Custom ‘Hammerhead’ Rugged, Die-cast Aluminum Casing – Built for a Life on the Road.
- (2011-10-25) TC Electronic Röttweiler Distortion by TC Electronic
- (2011-11-15) TC Electronic - Rottweiler Hi Gain Distortion (Demo en Español) by MartinMoyan0
- (2011-11-22) TC Electronic - Röttweiler Metal Test by MartinMoyan0
- (2011-12-12) tc electronic Rottweiler Distortion Pedal by NstuffMusic
- (2011-12-30) TC Electronic Rottweiler Distortion - Guitar Demo by MrExcane
- (2012-01-10) TC Electronic Rottweiler Distortion - BASS Demo by MrExcane
- (2012-01-22) TC Electronic Rottweiler Distortion - Hall of Fame Reverb - Guitar Demo by MrExcane
- (2012-01-25) TC Electronic Röttweiler Distortion im Gitarre & Bass-Test auf MusikMachen.de by musikmachenDE
- (2012-06-27) Troy Sanders trying the Röttweiler by TC Electronic
- (2015-11-13) TC Electronic Roettweiler Distortion im Test by musikmachenDE
- (2016-02-01) Playtech | Review Pedal TC Electronic Rottweiler Distortion by CifraClub
- (2016-04-09) TC Electronic Rottweiler - demo by Nick Percev by Nick Percev
- (2016-08-28) Rottweiler Distortion by BJS Electronics (previously Arya Pedals, Cochlea Audio Engineering)