No other pedal sounds more like a real Supro amp than the Supro Drive. This groundbreaking analog pedal re-creates the circuitry of a Supro amp, from end to end, including an actual output transformer. As the Supro sound has gained widespread popular recognition as a pillar of classic rock guitar tone, numerous amp and pedal companies claim to have captured our coveted sound by cloning the original Supro preamp, in stompbox format. They all got it wrong! The real tone of a genuine Supro amp has everything to do with the unique phase inverter design, Class A power amp section and the magnetic saturation that occurs via the old-school transformers found in these vintage tone machines. In short, the iconic sound of a Supro amp being pushed into overdrive has everything to do with the POWER AMP.
Harnessing the expertise we've developed through re-imagining and successfully manufacturing the 1960's Supro tube amplifier lineup, Supro USA has captured the legendary magic of a Supro tube amp by completely re-thinking our approach to stompbox design. Rather than approximating the sound of our amps using standard techniques, engineer Thomas Elliot created an all-new circuit which mimics every aspect of the Supro tube amp. This unique approach yields the most realistic-sounding overdrive pedal ever made, with greater range of gain, dynamics and natural compression than the Tube Screamer, Klon or any of their many derivatives. The Supro Drive is an original, landmark design that raises the bar for overdrive pedals.
The Supro Drive pedal sports a simple control layout with Volume, Gain and Tone knobs as well as a toggle switch to select between the different windings of our custom, multi-tapped output transformer—either for high-headroom BOLD sounds, or more compressed, high-gain RICH tones. Taking the overdrive pedal platform one step further, the Supro Drive offers a TRS port for expression pedal control of the GAIN knob. With the expression pedal in use, the on-board GAIN knob sets the maximum value, while a user-adjustable, internal trimmer sets the minimum gain setting. All Supro pedals are assembled in Port Jefferson, NY, USA, featuring custom-tooled, anodized, brushed-aluminum enclosures, 9V battery or AC powered operation, rear-mounted metal jacks, easy-access side-mounted battery drawer and studio-friendly, noiseless (click-free) true-bypass switching.
- (2016-01-26) Supro Pedals - Boost, Drive, Fuzz by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2016-01-28) Supro Drive Pedal by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2016-02-03) Supro 1305 Drive Pedal Tone Report Demo by Andy Martin by Supro
- (2016-04-16) Supro Drive Pedal by popintothechemist
- (2016-04-18) Supro 1305 Drive Pedal Official Demo by Mike Hermans by Supro
- (2016-05-04) Supro Drive Guitar Effects Pedal by GuitarPlayer
- (2016-05-05) Recreating the magic of a Supro amp in stompbox form. I have to say it sounds Supro good! by ProGuitarShop Collective
- (2016-05-06) Supro 1305 Drive Pedal by reverbmarket
- (2016-06-07) Supro Drive Pedal Review by Sweetwater by Sweetwater Sound
- (2016-06-15) Supro Drive Pedal | Les Paul and Princeton Reverb Amp Reissue by Panhandle Gear Demos
- (2016-06-19) One Pedal, One Amp, Five Guitars - Supro Drive Edition by Panhandle Gear Demos
- (2016-06-21) Supro Drive Pedal by Sam Vilo
- (2016-09-19) Review Demo - Supro 1305 Drive by Premier Guitar
- (2017-02-05) Supro SuproDrive overdrive, demo by Pete Thorn by Peter Thorn
- (2017-02-07) Repost from @petethornguitarist using @RepostRegramApp - The @suprousa SuproDrive pedal... really cool cranked up combo sounds! by Supro
- (2017-02-28) Supro 1305 Drive Video Test by MusicOffCommunity
- (2017-05-31) Supro 1305 Drive Overdrive Guitar Effects Pedal Demo Video by PedalOfTheDay
- (2017-06-01) Supro Drive, pedal of the day! Repost from @pedaloftheday - https://youtu.be/NgUZ582VtBU by Supro