Shiba Drive is a smooth sounding overdrive pedal that works excellent with a clean amp to deliver a wide range of warm bluesy rhythm tones, it can also be used for soloing by pushing an already overdriven amp into creamy violin-like sustain. Shiba's unique midrange character allows your tone cut through the mix, while retaining your instruments natural sonic qualities
Features & Controls:
FX LINK: The FX Link connector allows the pedal's switching function to be controlled from an external switch, pedal board, loop switcher, or any other custom interface. FX Link also provides the ability to power up in the On/Off state.
BATTERY MONITOR: The internal 9V battery is monitored at both power up and during use. The user will be alerted when the battery voltage becomes low. When the battery becomes too low to reliably operate the pedal, True Bypass is activated.
Drive: Controls the amount of Drive from the circuit. This will take you from a bluesy crunch to a sustained, compressed overdrive.
Level: Controls the output level of the pedal. Shiba provides enough level to push the front end of any tube amp into natural clipping, or adds sustain to an already overdriven amp.
Tone: Shapes the the overall tonal response of the pedal - from warm and smooth to bright and cutting.
Smooth Switch: (Three Position)
(Note: The modes have less effect at lower gain and tone settings.)
Left: Activates as a mild high-end roll off. Effective for warming up guitars with single-coil pickups.
Middle: Voiced to produce a natural, open sounding overdrive.
Right: A more pronounced high-end roll off. Excellent for chunky rhythms and violin-like lead tones.
- Input Impedance: 1M ohm
- Output Impedance: 600 ohm
- Power Connector: 9Vdc, center negative, 2.1mm x 5.5mm
- Operating Voltage: 4V to 18V (nominal 9V)
- Maximum Voltage: 20Vdc
- Reverse Voltage Protection: yes
- Over Voltage Protection: yes
- Current Consumption: 8mA
- Estimated Battery Life: 75 - 100 hours continuous use
- Dimensions: 2.50" Width x 4.50" Depth x 1.25" Height
- Weight: 0.75 pound
- FxLink Connector: 1/8" stereo
- FxLink max Voltage: 3.3Vdc
- Shield -> Tip: Activate on/off
- Shield -> Ring: N/A
- ROHS Compliant: Yes
- Agency Approvals: N/A
- (2009-11-17) Suhr Shiba Overdrive Pedal by NstuffMusic
- (2010-02-01) [NAMM 2010] - Suhr - Pedals - Kokoboost - Shiba drive -Riot by Audiofanzine
- (2010-02-04) SANY0046.MP4 by atsushi964
- (2010-03-02) Suhr Shiba Drive demo by Guitar Noize
- (2010-05-01) Bumbox Pendulum Harmonic Trem PROTOTYPE guitar effects pedal demo with Suhr Shiba by Gearmanndude
- (2010-05-01) Suhr SHIBA Drive overdrive guitar effects pedal demo with Humbuckers by Gearmanndude
- (2010-06-11) Suhr Shiba Drive by arielpozzo
- (2010-06-27) ??????Suhr Shiba Drive ???????? ????????? by Chuya Online
- (2010-12-15) Suhr Shiba Drive by MusicToyz
- (2011-11-19) Guitar overdrive SUHR SHIBA DRIVE by JokeAndRazz
- (2011-11-23) Suhr Shiva Drive + Xotic RC Booster Sample by KoreanGuitarists
- (2012-02-13) ????!! Suhr Shiba Drive 62578 by Pluginguitars
- (2012-03-01) Suhr Shiba Drive by SessionMusicTV
- (2012-04-27) SUHR SHIBA DRIVE? LIMITED EDITION by Suhr
- (2012-05-09) Quick Suhr Shiba Drive & Koko Boost demo (iPhone) by Guitar Noize
- (2012-07-16) Suhr Shiba Drive Video Test by MusicOffCommunity
- (2012-10-01) Shiba Drive-Suhr-Demo by Loudguitars514
- (2013-04-18) John Suhr Shiba Drive Demo by Fernando Gabriel
- (2013-05-12) SUHR SHIBA DRIVE : test by Sylvain Gambini by JokeAndRazz
- (2013-05-12) SUHR SHIBA DRIVE - WARMOTH STRAT (WOLFETONE PICKUPS) - FRYETTE MEMPHIS 30 by JokeAndRazz
- (2013-07-18) Suhr Shiba Drive by MusicToyz
- (2013-08-09) SHIBA DRIVE RELOADED? FIRST IMPRESSION - BY PETE THORN by Suhr
- (2015-10-19) SUHR SHIBA DRIVE? by Suhr
- (2015-10-20) SUHR SHIBA DRIVE? FEATURING BELLA? AMPLIFIER by Suhr
- (2015-10-20) Shiba Drive? is a smooth sounding overdrive pedal that provides players with a wide variety of fat rhythm and warm lead tones. Shiba Drive is very popular among players seeking an overdrive pedal that can be used in conjunction with both their amplifier?s by Suhr
- (2015-11-10) In July of 2009, we shipped our very first Shiba Drive pedal. Shiba was designed to provide players with a variety of fat rhythm and warm singing lead tones. The Shiba Drive gained great popularity among players seeking an overdrive pedal that could be us by Suhr
- (2016-11-15) Misty, Smooth and Fat Moments with Suhr Shiba Drive by Sam Vilo
- (2016-12-21) Suhr Shiba Drive - How does it sound? by Audiofanzine