The Super Nova Drive is a fun little circuit we have been working on for a while. The concept is simple: an overdrive with a wide gain range coupled with a three band active EQ. Within Such a concept lies many potential pitfalls though. First we had to create an overdrive circuit that was worthy of all the extra control. Something musical both at low and high gain, with just enough harmonic content yet still warm, and enough low end push but not muddy. Several versions, and a few prototypes later we found something that sounded really special, and was still simple enough to fit inside our small pedal enclosures.
Low gain settings have a really nice pick attack, especially when powered by 18 volts. Natural pick attack, and a little bit chimey as you dig in harder on the strings.
As the gain is turned up the the overdrive starts to approach saturated fuzz.
- The Super-Nova-Drive is hand made in Newberg Oregon.
- Die cast metal enclosures for durability.
- 3PDT switches for true bypass switching.
- Red LED indicator.
- Three-year limited warranty
- (2009-07-01) Subdecay Super Nova Drive Pedal demo by ToneFactor.com by Tone Factor
- (2009-07-08) Subdecay Pedal Party Demo w/ Prometheus, Super Nova Drive + Echobox ! by Tone Factor
- (2009-08-19) Subdecay SuperNovaDrive Demo by Bobby Devito! by Tone Factor
- (2009-08-30) SubDecay Super-Nova-Drive by fatback2
- (2009-09-06) John McCoy (aka Fatback) Demos the Subdecay Super Nova Drive by Tone Factor
- (2009-10-22) Pedal Party Vol 4! Subdecay Super Nova Drive, MXR Carbon Copy, EHX Micro Pog by Tone Factor
- (2010-02-20) Subdecay Super Nova Drive boutique overdrive guitar effects pedal demo by Gearmanndude
- (2010-09-29) Subdecay Super Nova by MusicToyz