After more than a year in development we had tried just about every analog phaser design possible. I wanted to make sure that this pedal was an improvement over the old quasar in several ways.
The sweep of this phaser truly makes your head spin. The range is much wider, and the controls respond in a much more intuitive fashion. Headroom is not a problem with most guitars, and can be powered by a 12 volt DC power supply for even more headroom.
Somehow we stuffed all of this in to a tiny package.
Just like the older Quasar, the rate can go super fast or super slow. The "voice" knob makes the effect go from subtle to chewey.
The Baby Quasar was an offshoot of the "super deluxe quasar" that we are still working on. We built one simply to prove that the analog portion of our design was as close to perfect as possible, and... well... to make sure it actually worked :o)
The guys started saying 'wow that thing sounds great on it's own.' The name "baby quasar" kind of caught on at the shop, and a new pedal was born.
The new design is VCA-based. VCA's are not used in stompbox designs too often, but they sound unique. More headroom than JFET designs. More consistent sweep than opto-based phasers. Not as cold and grating as some OTA based phasers, especially with bright guitars and amps.
NOTE: The Baby Quasar will not run off a battery. Externally powered only. Power supply is not included.
- (2010-01-11) Subdecay Baby Quasar Phaser Demo by Tone Factor
- (2010-01-29) Subdecay Baby Quasar Phaser by SubDecay
- (2010-02-20) Subdecay Baby Quasar phase shifter guitar effects pedal demo by Gearmanndude
- (2010-03-28) Subdecay Baby Quasar. Coming Soon by Burgerman666
- (2010-04-02) Subdecay: Baby Quasar Phaser by Burgerman666
- (2010-09-17) Subdecay: Baby Quasar Phaser (no talk, just play - edit) by Burgerman666
- (2010-10-13) Subdecay Baby Quasar - Phase Shifter by MusicToyz
- (2011-05-02) Subdecay Baby Quasar Phaser (Bass Demo) by Tone Factor
- (2012-06-02) Guitar phaser SUBDECAY BABY QUASAR by JokeAndRazz