- Up/Down (toggle)
- Waveform (toggle)
- HP/BP/LP (toggle)
The Prometheus is a voltage controlled 12dB filter which can be manipulated by playing dynamics or an internally generated signal.
What's it do?
The Prometheus is everything you've ever wanted in a filter pedal.
- Loads of headroom
- Reasonable size (measures about 3.7x4.7 inches)
- Highpass, Bandpass, and Lowpass filtering with adjustable intensity (resonance)
- Forward and reverse envelope following
- Sample/Hold step filtering based on 3 different wave forms.
- No special power supplies required. Operates with a single 9 volt battery or standard 9 volt adapter.
All that and it has some "hidden features" as well:
- The LFO rate can be adjusted to run much faster than the the step rate. This can be used to create very interesting arpeggiation.
- The Depth knob can push the filter cutoff frequency outside of the audio range. This can be useful to create a slow attack effect.
- The step rate can be turned up high enough for smooth modulation. This can be used to create and autofilter effect, that can sound similar to a phaser or tremolo.
- A fixed filter effect is possible by turning the depth knob down all the way, and using the Frequency knob to set the filter cutoff.
- The Prometheus is hand made in Newberg Oregon with high quality components.
- Die cast aluminum enclosures for durability.
- 3PDT switches for true bypass switching.
- Runs for many hours on a single 9 volt battery, or can be powered by a 9VDC adapter.
- Blue LED indicator.
- (2008-09-06) Subdecay Prometheus Resonant Filter Demo by Tone Factor
- (2008-09-11) Gear Demo - Prometheus Jam #1 by Crxshdxmmy
- (2008-09-11) Gear Demo ? Subedecay Prometheus Envelope Filter Pedal by Crxshdxmmy
- (2008-10-19) Subdecay Prometheus - Trex Reptile - Electro Harmonix Micro Synth by Brian Beyke
- (2008-10-26) Prometheus - Tap Tempo'd by Brian Beyke
- (2008-10-27) Skreddy Echo - Subdecay Prometheus in the FX Loop by Brian Beyke
- (2008-11-04) Subdecay Prometheus Player Demo - Bass by Tone Factor
- (2009-01-01) Subdecay Prometheus by Burgerman666
- (2009-01-02) (Shorter) Subdecay Prometheus by Burgerman666
- (2009-05-13) BassFuzz.com Presents: Subdecay Prometheus by bassfuzzcom
- (2009-06-16) Subdecay Prometheus - Various Settings by Brian Beyke
- (2009-07-08) Subdecay Prometheus vs Mad Professor Snow White Auto Wah - Envelope Filter/Auto Wah by Brian Beyke
- (2009-07-08) Subdecay Pedal Party Demo w/ Prometheus, Super Nova Drive + Echobox ! by Tone Factor
- (2009-08-22) Bobby D demos the Subdecay Prometheus for ToneFactor.com by Tone Factor
- (2009-11-11) Bass Trip Vol. 2 - Featuring Electro-Harmonix Bass Micro Synth + Subdecay Prometheus by Tone Factor
- (2010-02-09) Red Witch Titan Delay + Subdecay Prometheus Pedal Demo by Tone Factor
- (2010-07-22) Subdecay Prometheus & Skreddy Echo by Kayzer
- (2010-10-08) Subdecay Prometheus - Resonant Filter by MusicToyz
- (2010-10-10) Prometheus - Timmy - El Capistan - Blue Sky Reverberator by Brian Beyke
- (2011-06-20) Subdecay Prometheus Guitar Pedal by Eliguitar1