DIG unearths the true soul of digital delay and doubles it—two simultaneous, integrated delays with the captivating rack delay voicings from the 1980s and today, for incredible expressive potential.
Effortlessly create your own world of intricate and synchronized echoes, along with hypnotic and atmospheric repeats that blur the line between delay and reverb. Stretch your sonic horizons with five musically satisfying rhythmic subdivisions and three dual delay routing options. Go from syncopated, pulsating delay patterns, to evocative, spaced-out echo trails all in a compact, pedalboard-friendly format.
Back to the Future.
Rack-mount digital delays of the '80s ushered in a new era of audio effects. The innovative electronic designs generated the cleanest delays yet to be heard, but also created their own special and intriguing sonic characteristics. Thirty-plus years later, these sounds remain as distinctive and inspiring as ever.
Our thorough investigation of digital delay technology reveals the unique personalities that these delays possess. Delve into DIG’s three digital delay voicings: the early '80s adaptive delta modulation mode, the mid-'80s 12 bit pulse code modulation mode, and the modern high-resolution 24/96 mode.
Multiply these distinct voicings by two and get DIG—your perfect dual delay ally.
Two Delays Join Forces.
Delay 1 - The master delay: Free-running delay time allows you to easily dial in delays from 20ms to 1.6s with the Time knob or Tap Tempo switch. Longer delay times lend themselves to more ambient soundscapes while doubling and slapback effects can be achieved at short delay times.
Delay 2 - The companion delay: Set the ratio between the two delays with one of five rhythmic subdivisions: triplet, eighth note, dotted eighth note, dotted quarter note, and the golden ratio. Don’t want synchronization? Engage Free Mode to disable subdivisions and allow Delay 2 to be its own independent, free-running delay. Dial in short delay times for chorus/flange sounds to run alongside Delay 1.
- Two simultaneous, integrated delays, with unique digital rack delay voicings
- Five dual delay adjustment and tone shaping knobs: Time, Time 2, Mix, Mix 2, Repeats
- One modern and two classic digital delay voicings: 24/96, adm, 12 bit
- Five rhythmic subdivisions: Triplet, Eighth, Golden Ratio, Dotted Eighth, Dotted Quarter
- Three choices for delay line modulation: Off, Light, Deep
- Five “hidden” knobs for deep dual delay control: Delay 1 Subdivision, Sync/Free Mode, Filter, Config, Delay 2 Repeats
- Selectable Free Mode disables subdivisions and synchronization
- Press and hold Circular Repeats effect
- 20ms - 1.6s delay range (40ms - 3.2s with Half Note Delay 1 Subdivision)
- High impedance mono input, with selectable TRS stereo input
- Stereo output
- Three signal routing configurations: Series, Parallel, Ping Pong
- Tap tempo and Bypass footswitches
- Expression pedal input allows the connection of either an expression pedal (for selectable control over any knob parameter), external tap pedal (for remote control of tempo), or Favorite switch (to save a Favorite preset)
- Super low noise, high performance 24-bit 96kHz A/D and D/A converters
- 115db typical signal to noise
- Analog dry path for a zero latency dry signal that is never converted to digital
- +8dBu maximum input level easily handles instrument and line signals
- 20Hz to 20kHz frequency response
- Premium analog front end and output section
- Super high performance SHARC DSP in a compact form factor
- 32-bit floating point processing
- True Bypass (electromechanical relay switching)
- Selectable Trails Mode with high quality, transparent Analog Buffered Bypass mode
- 9V center negative DC power supply included, 250mA current draw
- Strong and lightweight anodized carnation pink chassis
- Designed and built in the USA
- (2015-05-19) Strymon DIG - Dual Digital Delay pedal by Strymon
- (2015-05-19) Strymon DIG - Dual Digital Delay Synth Demo with Peter Dyer by Strymon
- (2015-05-19) Strymon DIG - ADM Audio Examples - Dual Digital Delay by Strymon
- (2015-05-19) Strymon DIG - 24/96 Audio Examples - Dual Digital Delay by Strymon
- (2015-05-19) Strymon DIG - 12 Bit Audio Examples - Dual Digital Delay by Strymon
- (2015-05-19) Strymon DIG Dual Digital Delay - In Depth Demo by Strymon
- (2015-05-19) Strymon DIG Dual Digital Delay - Advanced Features by Strymon
- (2015-05-22) Strymon DIG Dual Digital Delay by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2015-05-27) Strymon - the Dig - Presented by Salvage Custom and 60 Cycle Hum by 60 Cycle Hum
- (2015-06-05) Strymon DIG Dual Digital Delay In Depth Demo ?????? by allaccesscojp
- (2015-06-29) Strymon DIG does Metal - with the new Quenzel M4 by EytschPi42
- (2015-07-02) Do you dig the DIG? So do I, but can yours do this? ;) External tap and favorite switch. by DS Guitar Engineering
- (2015-07-07) STRYMON DIG SPACIOUS TONES. by RACKDOCTOR
- (2015-07-09) Strymon Dig Dual Digital Delay by cranbournemusic
- (2015-08-05) Strymon DIG 80s Inspired Delay Pedal by RobChappers
- (2015-08-27) STRYMON DIG DUAL DELAY, demo by Pete Thorn by Peter Thorn
- (2015-08-31) Strymon DIG Dual Digital Delay by PedalOfTheDay
- (2016-01-14) Strymon Dig Dual Digital Delay Pedal by guitarworld
- (2016-03-08) Strymon DIG Dual Digital Delay Pedal Review by Sweetwater by Sweetwater Sound
- (2016-03-30) BASS DELAY - RABBIT HOLE FX: CHAOSMIC FUZZ & STRYMON ENGINEERING: DIG by GearTalkChannel
- (2016-04-13) Strymon DIG demo (Stereo) - BestGuitarEffects.com by bestguitarfx
- (2016-06-21) Strymon DIG Dual Digital Delay by reverbmarket
- (2016-08-30) Strymon DIG Dual Delay w/ Martin Acoustics by Strymon
- (2016-09-29) Strymon DiG Dual Digital Delay Pedal by Curtis Kent Toneworks