Stomp Under Foot
Last year I was thinking of doing a pedal based on the original 1978 Rat distortion pedal. I wanted to do this because I always missed my original big box pedal and I have a bunch of the original LM308 chips.
Recently I revisited this idea and started making some different versions and comparing them. I felt that the original version had the best overall.
The Skinner Box will be limited to the amount of LM308 chips I have. Once the LM308s are gone I won't be making the pedal any more. Also, I am using as many original parts as I can find in these but my main goal is to just make it sound right.
The original pedal has a reputation for being an 80s metal pedal but it is so much more. True, it was used to push Marshall amps to create the 80s metal sound but put it into a nice clean amp with the Distortion at 9-10 o'clock and the tone about 1 o'clock and you get a dirty yet clear and snappy bluesy tone.
For a great medium gain rock tone put the Distortion about 12-1 and for a full distortion on the verge of fuzz turn the gain up to 3-4 o'clock.
- (2013-04-21) Stomp Under Foot Skinner Box by simplexiammine
- (2015-08-26) Stomp Under Foot CME Ltd Edition Skinner Box DAM Coop Schaller treble bass boost by dacod77
- Pro Co Rat
- Absolutely Analog Ratzo
- Alpha Omega Temptation
- ARC Effects Soothsayer (new name)
- ARC Effects Woodcutter (old name)
- Big Ear NYC Woodcutter
- Big Tone Music Brewery Classic Distortion
- Blakemore Effects R.O.U.S. - Rodent Of Unusual Size
- Build Your Own Clone Mighty Mouse
- Chicago Stompworks Mister Vermin
- CMATMODS Black Plague
- DreamTone Molly The Cat
- Freakshow Effects Brown Rabbit
- Freakshow Effects Magic Rabbit
- Freakshow Effects Ultra Rabbit
- General Guitar Gadgets Rat Replica
- Hartman LM308 Op-Amp Distortion
- JAM Pedals Rattler
- JHS Pedals All American Distortion
- Mars Real Sound Untamed Rat
- Mojo Hand FX Socrates
- Montgomery Appliances Longtail
- Mooer Audio MDS1 Black Secret - Distortion (Turbo Rat & Vintage Rat modes)
- Moonphase Moondriver
- PedalWorX 5 O'Clock Charlie
- Reinhardt Willard
- Rock's Shop Tone Wizard Distortion
- SonicBox Distortion
- Stigtronics Rodent
- Synthrotek The "Ratatak"
- Valeton Darktale - Vintage Distortion
- VFE Pedals El Raton
- Vick Audio 85 Classic Rat
- Pro Co Rat 2
- Pro Co Turbo Rat