- Tony ChostnerTony Chostner
Startouch was started by Tony Chostner (founder, designer and owner) in the San Francisco Bay Area, USA. The company moved to Salem, Oregon, USA in 2004.
Timeline (by Tony Chostner)
- Founded business license 2000
- First ST-1 A/B pedal ready for sale and first sale, cold call Concord Music, in Concord Califorinia. Walked in
met Mike, and sold two to the store and one to a customer that wanted to
know what all the fuss was about. Can you imagine?
Mike is a fantastic guy, who is the audio engineer, and ended up working
at the company I get my switches from, lots of great advice from him.
- Typed in keyword "a/b pedal" and my store came up # 1 on google. Don't have to go into details of the work involved for that.
- First online sale.
- February, Vol.5/No4 Great review "The Tone Quest Report".
- First & cool review on Harmony-Central
- Moved to Salem, personnel and needed "more room" for Startouch. I was working in the "cable" closet where my condo was, space was aound 5X8 feet.
- introduced new model ST2-S Stereo pedal. For Stereo guitars, with on board piezo system TRS in split mag/piezo out A/B mono.
- Modifications on all pedals.
- 2006 "Out Now!" article Guitar Player magazine December issue, pg.62, ST-2 A/B+Y pedal
- 2008 "New Gear" article Guitar Player Magazine, Holiday issue. pg,47, ST2-S A/B+Y Stereo pedal.
- 2010 New Gear magazine by Gutar player/Bass Player
I do ton's of custom order's now. As an example I keep data on over 300 customer’s rigs. That they either email me or I research, because not every set-up is the same. And once in a while a unit might have to be modded for a particular rig. It’s a constant learning experience.
New prototypes in the works effects pedals super chorus, and killer distortion.
Focus now is to cope with this economy. Have to adapt.