Introducing the Aphelion Overdrive, the latest handcrafted Spaceman pedal design. Once again we've created a unique tone machine, built to inspire. The Aphelion is a very harmonically rich overdrive pedal, both in even and odd-order harmonics. It has a very usable gain range from light sparkle, to overdriven tube-amp bliss. The Aphelion is wonderfully transparent and extremely touch responsive. To our ears, it’s the most realistic tube-amp overdrive tone we’ve ever heard in a pedal.
In standard Spaceman fashion, we’ve come up with an exciting, truly unique design. The Aphelion is the first overdrive pedal to utilize the famous vintage RCA CA3080E IC, best known for it’s use in the most sought after vintage compressor pedals (and we're not using it for compression). What does this mean for an overdrive pedal? It helps create one of the most organic overdrive pedals on the planet. It also means that the Aphelion creates truly unique drive tones, and in a sea of cloned overdrive circuits out there today, this means so very much.
The gain range on the Aphelion goes from dirty-boost to high gain overdrive, with plenty of boosting power on tap. The tone control lets you balance highs and lows, with full range at 12:00. With the Aphelion you can get the most out of any tube amp model, and even get tube-amp tone out your favorite solid-state amplifier.
Completely hand-soldered and handmade in Portland Oregon, the Aphelion utilizes true-bypass switching via the heaviest-duty mechanical footswitch available. Open one up and you’ll see an unparalleled display of craftsmanship. Thick, high-quality PCB along with detailed military-spec wiring, using vintage US made heavy-gauge stranded wire. On top of the USA-cast aluminum enclosure sits a durable, engraved vinyl faceplate and clear jewel indicator with turquoise LED. This overdrive is built to last a lifetime.
Each pedal is numbered on the nameplate, boasting it's limited availability, and in addition each one is signed and numbered on the inside. The Aphelion also comes with a transferable three year warranty, plus a lifetime discount repair plan.
- Chrome Edition: 15
- Blue Sparkle Edition: 30
- Black Edition: 20
- Silver Sparkle Edition: 69
- Silver (unfinished) Edition: ?
- (2011-11-01) Spaceman Aphelion Harmonic Overdrive Demo by Elevation Boutiques
- (2011-11-28) Spaceman Effects Aphelion Harmonic Overdrive Demo by Effects Bay
- (2012-05-02) Spaceman Effects Aphelion Harmonic Overdrive - Demo by Just Nick by JustNickMusic
- (2013-02-24) Pete Cornish Super Chorus, Spaceman Aphelion (with Binson Echorec B2) by simplexiammine
- (2013-03-08) Spaceman Effects Aphelion + Pete Cornish T.E.S + Pete Cornish Super Chorus by simplexiammine
- (2014-11-20) Spaceman Effects APHELION Harmonic Overdrive pedal demo with Les Paul by Gearmanndude
- (2014-11-20) Spaceman Effects APHELION harmonic overdrive pedal demo with MJT Strat by Gearmanndude
- (2015-08-28) Spaceman Effects Aphelion Harmonic Overdrive by PedalOfTheDay
- (2016-04-11) Spaceman Effects - Aphelion (Harmonic Overdrive) with Sean Gibson of The Noise Reel by Sean Gibson
- (2017-02-20) Spaceman Effects Atlas III and Aphelion by Sean Gibson